Discussion: April 22nd, 2021 Development Update

This week’s development update has been released:

Use this thread to discuss the Development Update

1 Like

@Jummivana Just a small mistake, there’s a misplaced “COMMUNITY SCREENSHOT CHALLENGE” title just above the Community section.

It is great to see a lot more Wishlist items getting added into the Feedback Snapshot! Can we expect a similar expansion for the Bugs section in the future?

The #1 - 24 wishes are missing from the feedback snapshot?
And the webfriendly version doesn’t seem to be the latest version. :slight_smile:

You are right, the image is missing from the forum post. @Jummivana Another one!

You can see the first 24 Wishlist items in the website version.

1 Like

Not a word about the impossibility to play a multiplayer game without terrible performance, or followups on the other plethora of bugs introduced by WO4.

Cya in a month or 2.

2 Likes

The community managers have commented on all these issues today in their respective threads in the forums, the developers are aware and still working on getting them fixed.

Lets hope on a beautiful World Update 5!

So is VR Development abandoned? Seems that way, you’ve introduced issues in the last patch and no signs of fixes coming, no new features or improvements anytime soon.
I find this terribly disappointing when there was a whole team dedicated to working on VR for its release…what happened to them?!

2 Likes

I’m excited about the roadmap update next week.

They have never waited so long to release their roadmap. I hope something interesting is coming up :blush:

1 Like

I’m surprised too by the lack of VR view for the future.

Also, they don’t update correctly those list. I can at least spot once again the same error about the “ASW 2.0 Implementation” which is noted with a typo and not the good number of vote from the last dev blogs (AWS and 44 instead of AWS and 59 vote nowadays). That don’t make me feel really optimistic…

Any Oculus headset users need really to vote this one as it will be a game changer for us:

3 Likes

Do we know when the next Sim Update is roughly going to drop?

2 Likes

Why are we not getting an updated development roadmap, are things that bad that we don’t know what’s happening after April 29th? When’s SU4 being released? Has the entire VR development team left Asobo? So many questions, so little information.

2 Likes

Man relax … it s not that worse at all and such a complex Software needs time for the code … your comment is not usefull at all ! Just chill and wait for the next update - all those comments about this „end of the world scenario“ aren t helpful in anyway

7 Likes

Personally, I’d rather see what it is they are actually working on. just an idea of a few key things. Some highlights if you will. Seeing the same list with the same status seems rather pointless to me.

What does a list sorted by votes even mean? I assume these are not the top priority items they are actually working on right now.

I am not chomping at the bit to see my pet item fixed immediately, just some actual genuine idea of whats really happening develoment wise.

I dunno… I watch the Q&A… I read these development updates and I consider myself none the wiser every single time.

EDIT: I am watching the SDK Q&A and finding that a LOT more enlightening than the normal community Q&A. Now wouldn’t an “Engine Team” Q&A be interesting :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How come the road on the development roadmap stops at the end of April? What about May? June? July?

They will update that by the end of this month as mentioned in the roadmap. I think they make quarterly plans.

I spotted a change in the status of Seasons being backlogged to 2022 which was initially planned to come in 2021 for it’s actually at top of my personal wish list. Such a bad news !

1 Like

I can’t find anything in the roadmap that says that. (But look forward to seeing it next week.)

April 29th:

• DR Update May/Jul

It’s a bit cryptical though (DR = development roadmap)

1 Like