Select Departure Airport - History not showing previously selected airport

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

When going to World Map and selecting departure airport, the history is not being updated with previously selections. I believe this has been a bug before but to the best of my knowledge was fixed a while back. A search of entire forum did not reveal any recent posts about it. Apologies if it is a known bug!

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Not sure this would assist!

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Go to World Map, select airport and then fly. End flight and return to World Map. On selecting departure airport user will see that the previously selected airport is not shown in the history

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Not relevant

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hello! Can you let me know if this occurs outside of Dev Mode? We would like to double-check as this would be the case if you were in Dev Mode but not outside of it.

Thanks!

I almost never use dev mode so can confirm this problem occurs repeatedly outside of dev mode. Not every time but more often than not.

2 Likes

I can also confirm that this is occurring for me with DevMode disabled, at least half of the time.

3 Likes

I can confirm also. This was broken before and fixed previously with SU8 as I recall, but itā€™s broken again with SU9. Very annoying.

I tried to back out of SU9 and revert back but then the ready to fly button disappeared and the toolbar stopped working. I reinstalled the sim but I had planned on doing that anyways.

My departure/arrival history only seems to store about 3 items or so, and they donā€™t seem to be the 3 most recent airports. It makes the history not very useful (to me). However, the logbook does have more information and a ā€˜fly againā€™ button.

PC (Steam)

1 Like

I see the same, there are three items from when I was using SU8. But the airports selected in Sim Update 9 donā€™t seem to replace the older items. No dev mode, but I have used dev mode in the past, but not since upgrading to SU9.

PC (Steam)

1 Like

All I can say is Iā€™m very disappointed this is still happening even though it was reported in this thread and @Jummivana took note of it. Was this bug reported to Asobo? Perhaps a hotfix is in order.

This issue is back as of SU9. It was working prior as it had been fixed recently.

Did 3 flights from 3 different airports. None of them show up in my list. The 3 airports in my list where from flights I did yesterday.

Using PC / Steam.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. Do you remember if there were ever any more than 3 airports in your history? I think maybe a history of 10 or so would be more useful? What do you think?

2 Likes

Agreed. More would be useful. But even more useful would be if the history worked.

3 Likes

Well I must apologize. Airport history is working for me. When I backed out of the beta I did a full reinstall because airport history was not working. Of course after reinstalling it worked and after I updated to SU9 today itā€™s still working.

EDIT: Nope, airport history is not working.

:rofl:

Iā€™m confused as well. I just made a flight and history worked fine. I flew from departure runway to arrival runway* to parking spot and shut the engine/battery off (which brought up my logbook because I have that option enabled). I even restarted the sim to make sure the most recent departure and arrival airports were correct (in world map history), and they were. Perhaps when it doesnā€™t work, I am ending the flight prematurely or somethingā€¦

*I selected the arrival airport during the flight using the ATC toolbar window, not from the world map.

The old and annoying bug is here again

Interesting regression (the only one?)

I am also affected by the bug that my history is not saved. 3 airports are displayed that I flew to at the very beginning. Since then, no more updates. The ticket I opened was closed as ā€œsolvedā€. Anyone got any ideas?

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

I have the same problem - recent airports in World Map show random airports (that I never fly from).

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:
n/a

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:
n/a

I know that this is probably more of a wishlist item, but while you are fixing this issue, could you please think about also adding the previous destination airport as an option for the subsequent starting airport?

This would make it far easier to start where you last left off, which would be especially useful for pilots that want more realism or like to do tours.

1 Like

Mine, 1.25.9.0, does show previously selected departure airports.

@Jummivana

Can not duplicate issue.
Both Departure & Arrival, show history correctly.
Flight selection arv/dep & dep only, both showing correctly.
Dev mode off. pc. store.
*Will pay attention to it for awhile and note any issues.

I can confirm: No history, every time i go to world map.