Severe Performance Problem in 1.14.5.0 Identified and Reported

kjfk to kphx is a 10 minute flight. You won’t be able to see a memory leak in a short flight. Try a 2-3 hour flight.

Interesting findings, I am also experiencing the same issues :frowning:

I will be flying in the 19:00 event on the calendar. It normally goes for around 2:30 hours or 3:00 hour. I’ll see if I have any memory leaks.

Come join us in this event. We will be flying around Papua New Guinea. Flight plan and everything needed is in the Event Calendar.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

They found issue, and the optimization is on going non stop, in much bigger scale, not only related to this update, far beyond, they have many branch level on optimization, these build are not in public yet, it goes by step, until they are all merged together and tested properly, listen to latest Q@A first live question, it’s about 10 min what is happening, https://youtu.be/0aWqB5n_lM0?t=3967

after WU3 i brought this up and was told by many it was an error on my end. If i flew in the UK after that update, my performance went to hell. Still havent gain the performance I lost after that update.

2 Likes

I flew the same flight from KORD to KATL this afternoon in the 747. The flight completed possibly because the 747 flew faster than the TBM 930. However the FPS was dropping very low at the end. It would take a lot of time to test all the aircraft, actually too much time. Asobo needs to get a fix out as soon as possible.

The only thing I can glean from all of this is we may have 2 issues. Because I am still getting the degraded fps and low GPU usage, but in my case, it was not a memory issue. (see previous post). I was only using half of my memory but my GPU dropped to below 60% and my fps dropped from 44 to under 20. So, we clearly have 2 issues at least to deal with.

1 Like

Same boat here for low gpu usage , same specs but with 3090 strix card. Please keep me updated. What nvidia driver are u using?

1 Like

461.81 but i tried several drivers : same issue.
Even in World Map , sometime i have low gpu usage.
It s huge problem since the release of fs2020.
I really hope a patch soon

1 Like

Good afternoon all and thank you for interesting comments.
Also noting that my graphics settings keep setting back to standard when I reset the simulator…
Anyone else having this issue? I
FPS dropped by 30% and just poor performance, using a RTX3070 too

Sad to see this fault hasn’t been acknowledged yet. Built a system specifically for MSFS in VR and haven’t been able to use it since the UK update.

Nothing whatsoever to do with settings, drivers or system. Sitting at 10fps in the menu, and if the sim does start up correctly it’ll tank again when I activate VR mode.

Have the same exact problem on two different PCs, cancelled the gamepass until it’s fixed.

1 Like

Gotta love the answers from some guys who say
“I got a super RIG but i also got issues.So i installed again Windows and MFS blah blah”

No hard feelings dudes but you must realize that whenever a product releases and has bugs,you DONT re install your Windows.Game? i can understand.But windows? Come on…These are things that console owners only would say​:joy::man_facepalming:
Even Cyberpunk2077 didn’t ask to re instal windows.
The DEVS and PUBLISHERS have the PROBLEM.NOT US.
Friendly talking

3 Likes

I found that all the new places I visited all they goes very well. Seems better than before!

When I go to my earlier most visited places the MSFS becomes unworkable! I mean, by exemple, LPTN. But I just flew over Barcelona and it was a very good surprise to me! And can you imagine that I am using a i5, 16G Ram and Nvidia 1050 TI GPU?

KATL is a nightmare performance-wise. I think FSDT did a really good job of optimizing ORD, but both Asobo AND Imaginesim could do better I think. After the update, it’s almost impossible to get into ATL without a horrible slideshow :frowning:

I’ve never see it that high. About the highest I’ve seen it is 24GB. Do you have tons of add-ons in your community folder, or is that from the reported memory leak?

I have a tonne of stuff. :slight_smile: That is an orbx airport it loaded. I haven’t flown a long enough flight to observe a memory leak yet. Only similar things that others report. FPS drops etc.

Same with me. I run at around 23230 MB (23GB) running 64 GB of SDRAM. With only the WT CJ4 Mod in the Community folder.

I can’t believe MrTonySM: is using 31 GB of his 64 GB of SDRAM. As in, wonder what he has loaded?

1 Like

High LODS does it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have been effected by this performance issue with latest Sim Update. But mine seems different. Mine is related to just being at an airport. (I fly in VR btw). For example:

I like to fly out of Linate and then over Milan city (love the place in real life :slight_smile: ). This has never been a problem previously and I have PG enabled so Milan looks glorious.

I hop into the C172 classic (Steam gauges). As I take off I now get stutters galore… The moment I cross a certain point having taken off from the airport I suddenly get smooth performance again and this is heading straight to Milan and flying low over the city. No problems… smooth as.

I turn around and head back to Linate airport (Its the default and very basic). As soon as I commence my landing , boom, stutter fest. I am not even facing Milan city any more (and this has been a very short flight). It happens with pretty much all airports and is most noticeable when there is PG on the map even though you may not be facing it.

So, for me, its something to do with the airports. I even disabled grass/bushes to see if that had any effect which it did not.

This exact flight was no issue what so ever prior to SU3.