Severe Problems on Xbox After Sim Update 9

As of today, the Marketplace has been suspended on Xbox. No new content for the platform, only for PC. I’m afraid the situation is worse than what Asobo lets us know. The fix for the CTD on startup may arrive but all the other issues remain, and currently it’s unclear whether we’ll get a fix for them any time in the future.

3 Likes

Where have they said it’s been suspended for Xbox? There’s nothing new been released but to my knowledge they haven’t explicitly said it’s been suspended.

Edit: I’ve just seen it on the development update.

1 Like

It’s just suspended for this week. They want to make sure the CTD’s on startup etc are fixed with this new patch which should come out today(hopefully). Next week we get the content for this week.

1 Like

can confirm they did, was reading that this night while looking for the dev update post. can’t find it for you right now though

Yes I missed it when I originally read the development update first time around.

I’d actually rather they suspended the Xbox marketplace indefinitely, until the sim is more stable. Just my opinion.

3 Likes

From the dev blog entry:

2 Likes

Thats a good move to suspend marketplace, otherwise it will only lead to more disappointed people complaining they can’t use something they just purchased.

3 Likes

Hyperbole. New releases have just been suspended this week while the hot fix is released.

This is a sensible approach to getting the sim stable this week without adding further complications.

3 Likes

At the moment Msfs team is working to fix this issue. Once they will release a hot fix, it will be possible to install SU IX that I have already downloaded or should I cancel it and download it again?
It will be better to install the patch first and then the world update?

So, thought I’d quickly share where I’m at currently. Tonight I downloaded the Beta patch and installed the World update 9.
Just had a quick flight from London City to LHR( a route that has caused issues) and now Manchester to LHR.
Things I noted, in no particular order…
Scenery over London was poor, I believe"melted" is the term used so I switched photogrammetry to off .
Avionics black before I’d even taken off from Manchester so using AI to pilot ( cheating I know!)
World map page seemed fine apart from when the phantom download notification appears and then plays up for a few seconds but otherwise once on map all good.
Currently mid flight from Man to LHR and seems smooth enough apart from the blank screens!
Xbox series S by the way. Edit… screens came on mid flight!

1 Like

Was London City looking this good ?? :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

I see people complaining that weather effects have taken a step back and yes even scenery degradation. The main menu does perform better would you say? I’m kinda thinking this is the only thing targeted, we all should be able to access the sim now surely. Would you honestly recommend jumping into the Beta as it stands?

@DaveJK9173, I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore :laughing:

Looked fine to me yesterday. Perhaps this is an xbox thing?

1 Like

That’s a 3rd party ap yeah. Any orbx landmarks?

It’s just the EGLC airport scenery from the Marketplace. I don’t have any other London sceneries.

You’re not getting problems now though?

You’d need to ask Dave that.

I’ll have a look myself and see what happens

I’m on E. US server if that means anything

I thought the menu was performing pretty well. As I say it has a moment when the non-download appears but I’ve had a good few hours messing around exiting and re-entering sim, random flights around London.
I only jumped on to the beta as I had yet to download the World update and fingers crossed no CTd yet.
You just watch , bet you it will all go wrong for me tomorrow :joy:

1 Like

Probably looked better as it was pouring down so I couldn’t see the scenery in the immediate vicinity :laughing:

1 Like