Severe Problems on Xbox After Sim Update 9

I flew for several hours yesterday with no issues at all. Was smooth throughout with all online features on.

Today I’ve tried 3 flights, 1st CTD after nearly 2 hours, 2nd CTD creating a flight plan… very odd.

I did however notice an update in the ‘Core content’ just download. Message said to restart to launch update which I did. Now says up to date.
Any ideas what that update was?

It’s a bug, this download appears every time i start the game, says done and then reappears again. Total mess is this update…

Yes already got that thanks.

Traffic undoubtedly has an impact on the workload, but I had a crash midflight in Iceland where there is no traffic and spent half an hour flying around Paris crash free from Charles de Gaulle where there was traffic everywhere. Nothing adds up at the moment.

I just managed to fly Concorde from Charles de Gaulle to Barcelona. All went great until just after touchdown, then CTD.

GPU overclocked? I had to reduce my memory timings quite a bit after the latest Nvidia update.

I wish i haven’t updated. The sim ran perfectly well before that.

1 Like

This is Xbox thread.

Whoops, my bad.

Interesting. Who else has this addon pack and is experiencing problems? I do…I haven’t gone into the sim for a couple days now, so there are updates waiting for me. Must check it out I suppose.

I don’t think you have a choice, do you?

Exactly the same here on series s. World map stuttering and when I finally manage to set a flight plan CTD, loading screen takes forever, all my add on airports are unusable CTD every time. Was going to purchase Concorde this week and the pro weather add on but obviously won’t now be bothering buying anything.
A total shambles and totally unplayable.
Was fine before this latest so called update.
Won’t be bothering with it until there’s a fix
Very frustrating

5 Likes

@DestructZero915 From the other closed thread:

I can think of several.

Users who don’t use ATC will never see ATC problems.

Users who don’t know how an aircraft should fly will not discern when the simulated one doesn’t.

Users who don’t keep their community mods up to date will most likely have issues that those who do, won’t.

I can probably think of many more.

Even on the XBox it’s possible some will have crashes more often than others, perhaps down to what Markerplace addons they have installed, but perhaps also down to issues with that particular console.

PC users have sometimes found swapping out memory, or not using overclocks, can fix issues. Not so easy on a console, but if you do have faulty memory, how would you know?

Hardware failure is a real possibility. The consoles aren’t magic, indestructible machines. Those that remember the red ring of death will attest to this.

1 Like

The problem with your possible theory that users Xbox consoles could have developed a component failure / problem i.e memory faulty etc ,is how could this suddenly overnight happen to so many Xbox consoles at roughly the same time that SU9 appeared,odds against this would be astronomical I would have thought.

8 Likes

Not to mention this same theory was used to blame users PC’s after every update that caused performance issues, yet any other game, simulation or graphic intensive program that pushes your components seems to be just fine.

Now that MSFS is on Xbox, it’s the same thing. A new update is released, performance gets bricked, bugs are introduced, yet somehow it becomes an Xbox hardware problem and nothing to do with MSFS.

2 Likes

AI traffic was up, I was at princess juliana and sydney and I kept dive bombing the runway to send the AI approaches into a never ending go-around orbit… But the ATC was insanely bad. Other times I load in and there’s NOTHING in the sky. go figure. Seems like a lot of GA traffic flies along at ~500’ right over airports too.

And there’s a list of things that are wrong with xbox version at least, although it seems there’s been some tinkering on the down-low. Haven’t played in a couple days but will go back tonight. What I remember:

-Asobo splash screen no sound, Blackshark has sound
-Original title screen image shows up as first thing after the TBM 930 screen
-No music on load(I also don’t remember seen the ‘press any button’ part either?)
-Initial load into game is laggy. Going right to world map is a mess, go to installation manager and you will see at the bottom the Core update showing will update on restart, that after a few minutes just says ‘updated’, then you get a message
-If you click in world map on a parking spot or runway too quickly it will not turn green and crash
-after a few minutes it seems kind of ‘normal’ and will get you in the game.
-in the game, pop in/LOD distance has been changed a bit
-flashing pixelated reflections in the windows/on the aircraft
-Something like AA has been turned down, scrolling outside views really gets fuzzy/jagged before going back to ‘photo mode’
-ATC is absolutely WRECKED and unusable, voices/instructions/menu choices, all of it.
-Haphazard traffic.

haven’t done any avionics work, it’s all been run what you brung VFR goofing around. But no panel issues that I noticed.

Personally I would of completely held the entire update after the first 20 seconds of watching the game load, but what do I know?

Guys i did not want to open a new topic. I am almost facing All problems you have written. İ simply can’t fly with a320 anymore… avionics problem and CTD, etc.

So i am trying to fly with the planes that doesn’t cause problems. So that’s 152 for me.

Don’t you also think this su9 has the Best graphics ever on Xbox?

I am capturing All the flights if i pass the CTD. And would like to share.

İ really hope they can manage to keep this detail and performance together.

Regards.

Excellent post and very well detailed, thanks.

Agree with all your points and have been enduring a hell of an experience with MSFS in the last few hs. What a horrible update.

The update simply broke the game, let’s put it like that.

Crashes, freezes, long loadings but beyond that, it broke ATC and even some aircraft

ATC - Goes silent or gives a weird static sound, no voice

Connection - it switches to text speech all the time and connection drops even though my internet connection is just fine, connection lost prompt pops in all the time now

E170/190 - plane flight plan disappeared even though you set it up at menu, no NAV, unflyable

737 Breadok3D - black avionics screens in all flights

That’s what I could notice in the last 8hs only!!!

I was hopeful I’d use my weekend to enjoy msfs but nope… so annoying. Now what? Another 2 weeks for a patch?

2 Likes

Just managed to finish an almost 4 hour flight from Abu Dhabi to Athens in the 787 with the new Etihad livery. All went wel, except from the approach phase where the Autopilot still cuts the corners on final approach. This is very annoying and frustrating. Maneged to land manually but this is not the way to go and ruins the immersion.

It’s present in the A320 and now I experienced it also in the 787.

But apart from that, it actually went pretty well. One thing I noticed is that it stutters quite a lot in cockpit view. Not all the time, but very noticeable. Before SU9 this wasn’t the case.

1 Like

I feel like I’m flying a completely different sim to you folks and on a completely different Xbox Series X architecture, too.

As I stated prior, I only have the UI/World Map lag/CTD issue and the PC/Xbox reflections flicker mess (And of course all the long-standing issues going way back, but that is irrelevant here).

Beyond that, I’m not having these issues listed throughout this thread. I don’t understand.

@dreampage I watched your A320 videos and I’m dumbfounded. I purposely loaded up a flight from KBUR to KSMF in the A320N to see if I’d have similar problems. I’m not — at all. Did you have a 3rd party livery selected, at the time? I’m running the stock Airbus factory livery, because I know that, for reasons that are absolutely bonkers, liveries contain data that can break an aircraft. If an aircraft’s base model (i.e. code) is changed, that can cause liveries to break and thus break the aircraft until they are updated, too.

I’m honestly amazed at how well the sim is running for me amongst all these posts from you all and the growing number of new forum users creating accounts to just come here and chime in with their horror stories, too.

I’m even running this sim-only Xbox I use via WiFi! I don’t even have an Ethernet cable connected to it directly and my router is in a far away part of my house. I’ve got all the sliders set down to 15, because I’ve always felt the traffic was ridiculously overdone at the small regional/municipal airports where I like to fly in/out of. I’ve got all online data turned on except multiplayer. I have the cache off. I have no 3rd party airports or birds or sea vessels. I’ve only got the enhanced airport graphics and regional airport vehicles. I’ve got a growing number of 3rd party aircraft, but none of the known terrible ones.

I’m terrified to jinx this here, but minus the World Map/UI, this is the best I’ve seen the sim in months. I keep starting a new day of flying thinking it’s going to be all screwed up, but it hasn’t happened (yet!).

I’m still thinking this HAS to be server related and/or the files for the sim that are located on mirrored servers near your geographical locations have corrupted files and you’re installing those corrupted files, which is why a reinstall/factory reset/etc. isn’t fixing the issues.

How else can this be explained?

2 Likes

Before SU8 I could easily fly over the islands where I have airports, boats, trees, birds, etc with the kodiak at what seemed about 45fps in full 4K HDR+ 60HZ. The frame rates do not seem any worse to me, but I can definitely tell the LOD on the scenery and ships is WAY down from where it was before. Where I saw full boat and wake in the distance is now just a white squiggle with no boat until you get much closer. From Puerto Rico through the southern Caribbean I have every single scenery enhancement.