Severe Problems on Xbox After Sim Update 9

Yes it’s driving people crazy to not know what to expect anymore. The Q&A is today? I hope we get some answers.

4 Likes

I hope so too, but let’s just say I won’t hold my breath.

1 Like

Proves that most of not all issues are server side

And what can I do?

The game was so stable before SU9 I don’t had CTDs and now I can’t even load the flight without Ctd. I think it’s bad that we hardly get any information

2 Likes

The developer Q&A live stream is today at 10:30 AM PST / 17:30 UTC / 19:30 CEST. Let’s hope they will give us an update about the state of the Xbox version. :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

And hope that they will release some “not so hot anymore fixes” before SUX!

After two patches I honestly don’t expect them to release any more. I think any remaining issues will be swept under Sim Update 10 and the promise of “improving stability” as well. Unfortunately, that’s still two months away.

2 Likes

when is SU10 due?

Had a “normal” flight in the A320. By normal I mean no CTD . But had to land manually because of missing way points on approach, again…I knew this because I noticed it in the MCU. But then again, I call this a victory after two CTD’s on approaching in a row yesterday. That’s the absolute worst.

But it’s kind of ridiculous that you feel happy/relieved after completing a flight with no CTD…

3 Likes

SUX will be released end of July (if the plan still stands)

states mid June on roadmap, just had a look.

That is WU10. SU10 is indeed for end of July.

June is World Update 10. Sim Update 10 will arrive at the end of July.

I was getting really excited on the live Q&A when I saw that Xbox Perf & Stability was top of the list! I thought perhaps they were going to properly address it.

Sadly it wasn’t to be. They mentioned and apologised for the map and startup CTD and completely failed to even acknowledge the ongoing problems with CTD and stuttering at all stages of flight that many xbox users have to deal with daily, and have driven many users away from the platform or in some cases entirely away from the sim.

It really seems like they have no idea of the game breaking ongoing problems with xbox which leaves me with almost no hope they will fix it.

9 Likes

It’s both worrying, and demoralising that they didn’t acknowledge it, as it suggests to me they don’t have the ability, or the knowledge, to fix it. It is unfortunately what I expected. And in my view the sim is just going to keep regressing on console. Which is unfortunately why I’m going the PC route. Sure, there’s no 100% guarantee I will avoid issues there. But I will have more choice of planes, more immersion, more mods, and more of a chance of stability than if I were to stay on this car crash of a console version, so I am prepared to take the risk. I can also give my money directly to developers instead of lining Microsoft’s pockets any more.

7 Likes

if you can do it go for it. I mean even on my potato computer is way more enjoyable and stable, which is a pity since it looks and run way worse.

you can get access to JF arrows if you like GA or a lot of top notch airliners like the bae146, the fbw a320 or the 737

it’s becoming a really sad story the one on xbox. I’ll kepp the ground since i have no real alternatives aside from my pc (and is like i’ve touch the forbidden fruit with the xbox graphic wise, so it’s always on the back of my mind when i fly on pc and i believe is an important factor with such an amazing world they created)

3 Likes

I’ve already started buying hardware mate. Aim to have everything for the build by the beginning August.

The irony of Microsoft Flight Simulator crashing frequently on Xbox.
You can see an attention grabbing (and reputation harming) headline for sure if the problems are not addressed as a priority.
Shame that the Xbox issues weren’t properly dealt with during the Q/A session.All the devs have to do is buy a couple of commercial Xboxes to see the problems. From my viewpoint SU9, the resulting patch, an airport/nav update release almost simultaneously with WU9( I still haven’t installed this) and yet another patch, followed by Top Gun DLC, shows an astonishing lack of professionalism with QA/test. To be honest I wouldn’t have believed any of this could take place in a professional environment, unless I’d seen it take place for myself.
I won’t consider moving to another platform to play MSFS - the problem isn’t in the hardware, unfortunately it’s a fundamental failure of the MSFS development processes which means that users on all platforms are likely to suffer. I’d like another flight simulator to come to Xbox so there’s a bit of competition on this platform. We all deserve much better than this

8 Likes

i start to believe that this will not be the case as i may overstated the “influence” of xbox community on the sim. It seems like no real care or attention is really given, just some patches and fixes here and there to keep us more or less calm

it’s probably a case where we’re not that valuable to the sim itself (money wise) so it’s not conveniente for them to really apply energies to properly fix, add valuable stuff, and basically keep the sim on the same level as the pc version

we may misconcept the whole xbox community here, where the same few users lament for an increase functionality and fidelity while maybe the most are completely fine flying bredok 737 or the plethora of low fidelity fighter jest that are out. And there’s nothing wrong about it and I’m not certainly bashing users or devs of any sort, but they have “the numbers” while we don’t; so maybe while the majority of pc users are willing to spend 50/60/70 for “proper” planes probably on xbox the case is not the same

on the performance side I’m pretty sure everything will get fixed sooner or later (while may be always the case to not buying any addon airport to be sure that everything works fine, since that’s a problem that always was there even when the sim ran fine)

1 Like