Severe Problems on Xbox After Sim Update 9

must admit havent tried London myself since the update. took it for granted it would be broken

1 Like

The frozen avionics is annoying as all get outā€¦ ruins alot of flights if you canā€™t do ifr at night or in storms. Really hoping this gets fixed fast.

6 Likes

Couldnā€™t agree moreā€¦if laminar get it rightā€¦devs are going to lose patience with msfs.

2 Likes

Yup, itā€™s brutal. Entire flight is ruined because youā€™re flying blind.

so much for microsoft first next gen release. but its not all bad, the forza`s look great and load so quick

Iā€™d agree that performance and overall smoothness seems to have taken a hit with this latest update.

Iā€™d also found - as others have commented - that turning off live weather and live traffic seems to reverse some if not all of the lost performance.

1 Like

Iā€™m flying whitout ctd since a moment and the best condition to fly for me is when I shut off the photogrametry in the data option, Iā€™m flying with live weather live traffic all in without photogrametry and reduce traffic to 50, good deal for me until they find a fix and their voice too, they donā€™t talk to much hope itā€™s because they search solution for us
Iā€™m on Xbox serie s,west Europe server

1 Like

This makes me sad/frustrated for the Xbox community, because SU9 is working very well on the PC (at least today). Clouds are absolutely better, the micro-stutters are gone. Sure hope Asobo can get Xbox figured out.

8 Likes

Same here! I tested A320N and Tbm 930. Both freezing.
Any ideas when the hot fix will come ? :cold_face:

Works for me

1 Like

I bought bristol International airport from pilot plus and that has never worked. For others it did but not mine. I spoke to the company and they were adamant it works for series consoles. I even remember building my setup from scratch with resetting console to factory default and just installing the airport with no extras. Much to my prevail it was still the same.

Itā€™s almost like these Xbox series x are built different.

My Xbox went back because I thought it was defective but nothing was wrong with it apparently. It plays every other game without any CTD.

This simulator is always going to be a different experience for everyone. And I feel like we will still be talking about these issues in months/years to come.

1 Like

The topic has been tagged both feedback-logged and bug-logged, but what about patch-logged :innocent:

But they are say it is a mon memory links for Xbox series x and s ctds and cockpit screen going out but they also said they need us to help with that where to find ctds and cockpit screen going out my problem is how we can help Asobo with the

1 Like

Before update 9 on Xbox X the sim was absolutely flawless now itā€™s a total mess! Stuttering lagging freezing CTD we need a hot fix now!!!

2 Likes

And again like WU3 or SU5 there are those special kind of people who tell you it is your fault, the sim is perfect and you just have to clean your community folder and turn your LOD down to 20.
This is the 3rd time this is happening and it is really tiring.

2 Likes

My youngest son decided yesterday he wanted to play MSFS rather than the usual xbox games he likes. Heā€™s not tried it before, so he was a new user on a new profile running at default settings. None of the paid for marketplace content carries over so he was running a vanilla sim with just world updates.

After a couple of hours he came to me and said ā€œit kept crashingā€. I said something about it takes time to learn to fly a plane and Iā€™d happily help him. His response was ā€œno, the game crashed like 5 timesā€.

The only thing different here between my son and any other new user was the hotas he could use, everything else is standard. I doubt that is causing the crashes. So if it behaves like this for him then Iā€™m sure it behaves like this for many new users who are just discovering it, and after crashing 5 times in 2 hours I doubt many of those new users would stick around or come back. If it carries on like this much longer it risks damaging the franchise in xbox at least, which is bad for all of us.

14 Likes

A little off topic, sorry ā€¦ did you notice that you will be flown into the big mountain on Fuerteventura when you select a certain approach through the hilltops? I think the elevation of the mountain surface is just offā€¦

If there is a single post in this forum that all the devs involved in the release of SU9 should read, it is this one.
It shows clearly how the consequences/impact of releasing a poorly tested software update can end up causing huge damage to a company.
MSFS has been badly damaged by this, perhaps the devs donā€™t even realise it yet - reading this post might help them in that regard

2 Likes

I have to sayā€¦ TODAY it really seems to work better when you turn off the photogrammetry. I am currently testing at various airfields (Third party as well) with various aircraft and with active live weather as well as live traffic.

It even seems to work with multiplayer enabled and showing other players.

Iā€™m still skeptical if itā€™s really a temporary solution in the long run, though. Maybe Iā€™ve just caught a time when not many users are accessing the servers or the XBOXā€™s memory is particularly frugal right now.

I donā€™t knowā€¦ I only know that the MSFS with SU9 offers a new surprise every day. And in fact is not really fun at the momentā€¦

4 Likes

Indeed. Looks like the sim behavious different every single dayā€¦Yesterday i had two absolutely bug free experiences in the 787-10 and A320. 4H10 flight in the 787-10 and a shorter 1h30 in the A320. Both of them flawless. No lagg, no stutter, avionics fine, flighplan followed, no weird AP behaviour, ILS approaches just perfect. And i had everything on. Live weather, traffic, multiplayer, add-ons installedā€¦

How can this be. So it is possible to have a bug free experience, which means that in his core the sim is ok? XSX by the way.

2 Likes