Severe Problems on Xbox After Sim Update 9

Hot fix coming or not??

1 Like

Based on the mystery SU8 download we had, I guess there will be about two weeks for any sign of a fix/patch :wink:

1 Like

And hopefully they will fit Xbox memory links. So we can fly long flights

2 Likes

Yes, Ive had that regularly.
Capt Campbell

Your post isnā€™t off topic at all. At this stage I think thatā€™s all many of us really expect, and if nothing else itā€™s a good first step. Less than 10 minutes effort by one of the community managers. Given that it would be so easy I can only assume that theyā€™ve been asked not to comment for some reason, as otherwise the community managers seem quite good.

5 Likes

I can report that after a 4H10 flight, I landed safely at Tenerife Airport. Absolutely zero problems. I donā€™t know what to think of it anymore.

2 Likes

happens in the a320 and the 747 for me

1 Like

Yep 747 and A320 for me too. Concorde works perfectly.

1 Like

Just In case Iā€™ve desactivated photogrametry in my settings, did you try this?

1 Like

The lights outside donā€™t work so far. Position lights and Anti-Collision-Lights.

To get the Nose wheel working you have to push the red button on the front of the ingame flight stick. Cause itā€™s difficult to reach while flying, I would suggest to make a shortcut (RB+DigiPad UP [should be free]) @ the ā€˜Nose wheelā€™ option inside steering menu. Sometimes it launches auto when touching the ground, sometimes it doesnā€™t :roll_eyes:

And could you test the flaps from the plane? It seems to me that the auto-flaps always overrides manual flaps except when your on the ground. Makes it impossible to land with correct AoA

I feel for you guysā€¦in all honesty there is the s and the x. The hardware is consistent and if anything, it should be easier to create consistency in performance. Unlike us on pc where there are potentially thousands of variations in set ups.

2 Likes

humour me here fellow xbox flyers, i think the Asobo problem with this is from what i understand they ā€œtestā€ these updates on ā€œcleanā€ version of there sim on a xbox. even though they take a cut from all the 3rd party sales in the marketplace and personal opinion, they better made , challenging and more fun aircraft 3rd party. so when they release these updates into the real world which probably alter how the core sim runs, it conflicts with the add-ons. and for our cousins on the p.c. side ,Asobo probably run there trials on Ā£3000 spec pc not recommended or minimuim. then wonder what all the fuss is about.

With ā€œLive Weatherā€ turned off under General Options/Data and if I can get past the world map without a CTD then I can have a stutter free flight. I even flew out of McCaran with Fly Tampa DLC installed. Butā€¦

The map CTD along with other issues like not being able to use live weather or missing flight plan data, flickering windows, etc, etc needs a patch asap. There are many users that cant even get into the game or past the world map if they do.

Not even acknowledging our issues ? I thought after the last debacle they were stepping forward with better communication. Backing up those words means more than just saying them. You have many frustrated/upset customers.

8 Likes

Iā€™m hesitant to buy anymore airports. I havenā€™t bought that many other than Manchester and Abu Dhabi but Fuerteventura GCFV dlc for me is CTD with or without Live weather. Experienced whilst taxiing, at the gate, taking off and landing.

I donā€™t know what the refund period is but I would be careful with some DLC. Even more so until SU9 is fixed.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s probably true and whilst they sell add ons through the marketplaceā€¦asoboā€™s priority is there product onlyā€¦ie msfs. The developers are responsible for their products to ensure compatibilityā€¦I debated this recently in another post and tbhā€¦I still think asobo need to take more responsibility for mods sold in the marketplaceā€¦particularly for Xbox users who have no/limited control over settings

2 Likes

i think a definite now buying scenery packs is out. fortunately i brought London, Las Vegas and Chicago when they were on sale. Last two brought CTD every time so have been un-installed

1 Like

I sure hope so, when they broke it for WU3, a patch came in about 2 weeksā€¦ It was PC though, and a lot of blame on user error, user system. Xbox as a closed system negates that.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sounding like a broken record at this point, but Iā€™m done. Not spending another dime in the Marketplace until thereā€™s some resolution to the situation.

9 Likes

i feel for the devs who through no fault of there own see there software render broken and have to spend time and effort just to get them running again. instead of working on updates and new projects. surprised we havent heard of them thinking of working more x-plane stuff instead

2 Likes

Is that the Orbx London Landmarks one? If it is, strangely Iā€™ve never had an issue. Canā€™t comment on the American airports as its all default for me.

Any CTDs around London for me have been related to live traffic being on.