Severe Problems on Xbox After Sim Update 9

I totally agree with what you’ve said here mate. I thought that being a technical aircraft to fly, it would be processor heavy, but when you look at it from a rendering point of view it makes sense.
I don’t want to get off topic but I am having issues landing the Concorde using ILS, I even followed the flight plan in the manual to the letter and it still decided to veer off and do it’s own thing on the glide slope.
Is there a decent Xbox Concorde thread that you know of on here?

This has been an ongoing issue with the A32N for a while. The Chronometer menu is still broken too. Both issues seem to be ignored.

There are now more problems with the ND and map since SU9. #xbox

The main Concorde thread is more than decent. It has very many posts relating to ILS capture so be sure to read the history before asking repeat questions. The developers themselves have put huge effort in to support customers directly, I think the most helpful and active of any team I’ve seen on here.

2 Likes

Yes near Bordeaux

1 Like

it’s just so unfortunate, i experience all those exact issues on my XB series S. Just to fly the other day i had 4 CTDs in 6 minutes…

2 Likes

Series X? Is it still holding up for you?

Would uninstalling the offline mode files help boost performance?

I just realised I have that installed, not sure I need it, do you lot have that installed?

1 Like

On Xbox? How do you do that?

xbox dash > my games and apps, under manage game, it shows you whats installed for said game, one such is offline mode I believe, its not a requirement to have installed unless the internet drops while playing of course.

1 Like

have an interesting start to my flying bank holiday day. i am showing all on line , world map was slow as expected now, flight loaded ready to go on runway. but before hand, content manager all grey out stuck on refreshing and showing nothing loaded on my xbox x. i expect an imminent crash

Well, I’m glad I am not the only one with big time problems. Ugh, I JUST bought the Xbox Series X and Flight Sim on April 22 (only game I wanted to experience right now). Fri. night, Sat. Sun was amazing, jaw dropping as a new user. But since this update, eh…deflating!

Once it loads to home screen, the cursor freezes, stutters. Click on World Map, it may load or ir may not. If it does, zoom into the map…total freeze, I’ve had to shut it down multiple times.

Then random crashes to the XBox main screen in mid flight or on approach to an airport.

Honestly, If I didn’t experience 2 1/2 great days of flying, seemingly flawless experience with FS - before this awful update, I would have returned the console and 2 disc game. I’ll just hang on and wait for a bug fix…and hope it comes soon.

5 Likes

Without having the constraints button on in the a320. I had 3 flights yesterday, two of which were over 3 hrs. I had about 6 crashes from the world map, but once the sim finally loaded in it was running fairly well. I did notice a BUTT load of ai traffic moving around. So it would appear that is something they are trying to address. But to no avail i would have to say. It was just a mess. I also had multiplayer, live weather on, and only encountered a few stutters on the ground at LAX. The weather however seems a little bit different in terms of two massive wind shears that knocked me off course and disengaged autopilot. Im sure this has happened in real life…But twice in one day?

Edit. The weather was acting as though, as it updated mid flight and when the wind direction changed. it confused the sim and throws the aircraft around like a tin can (LOL) not sure if you’ve accidentally hit the rudder in flight causing an uncontrollable nose dive. The wind shears were similar in effect to that. but I managed to revcover.

Updated the OP with another screenshot of some waypoints not loading into the FMC. This makes airliners unusable as the autopilot cannot navigate past these “broken” flight paths.

3 Likes

Thx for that. Currently on my way from Amsterdam to Tenerife South in the 787-10 TUI livery. FL 420, mach 0.90.With some 600nm to go, let’s see. So far so good actually…

When all goes as planned, it’s brilliant. So unfortunate that is a lot times no longer the case…

Live weather freezes ND and VFR map (A20N)

I recommend looking through the legs / pln page in the FMC before takeoff. If there’s a break in it (empty space between two waypoints) then you’re in for a surprise. I’ve tried setting up three routes today. None of them worked. I can’t fly and I can’t express how utterly disgusted I am by the state of this simulator right now.

2 Likes

was i wrong. an enjoyable flight round CZST softly weather on in my dcsigns strearman. after 45 minutes went to return to main screen now stuck on splash screen. different.

I actually forget that. I’m not far from descend stage now, I report later…

I had this issue in the 787, yesterday, as well.

I noted the aircraft will continue to fly to its “missing” waypoint, but the PFD and ND will become “out of sync”.

What I mean by this is the ND will show the missing waypoint as the current destination in the top right of the display. However, the PFD will show the previous waypoint. The magenta line will also cease to update and it will appear as though the aircraft is flying off-course.

On top of all of that, when it’s in this state, if you try to use the “touch” menu on the ND to turn on/off any display features such as waypoints, etc. the menu will not work. You can’t uncheck an option or change anything.

However, the aircraft is actually continuing on its correct flight path. Once it reaches the missing waypoint and switches course to the next waypoint, if there is an actual waypoint shown in the FMC, after a short while the PFD and ND will suddenly refresh. When this happens, the magenta line will be correct, the ND options menu will function again.

I noted, too, that the two FMC displays will not be the same. If I remember correctly, both the left and right displays normally show the exact same thing.

Lastly, as if the above weren’t enough, the autopilot will break when all this happens. I found the auto throttle will no long maintain a speed regardless if you let the FMS control it or you set a specific speed on the display yourself. Nothing I could do would fix that for the remainder of the flight. I also found the AP VNAV wouldn’t hold the altitude and kept climbing past the set altitude. I was able to use altitude hold along with VS to get it to maintain a set altitude.

As a side comment, I used to be a very active member of this forum, but I am exhausted by the absence of 2-way interaction with those in charge. I “want” to write all this up as a bug report, both here and on Zendesk, but at the same time I don’t want to bother. I’m disgusted by how we and our concerns are treated and I swore off this entire forum, but here I am again trying to show my support — not for Microsoft or Asobo, but for all of you users of the sim who are frustrated and struggling.

The lower photo shows the un-synced PFD/ND.

The angle of the aircraft banking is due to this lovely bug STILL being in the sim:

SIGH!

3 Likes

I’m going to tell a story here, but please bear with me.

Last week we had an issue at work that required an outside contractor to come in. I was talking to the guy on the phone and he said “I realize you have a problem, but I’m really busy and I’ll get to it next week”

All it took was the validation that I had a problem and that it would be dealt with in the near future. I’m happy.

Same thing here. All we want is for the developers to say that we have an issue and that they’re working on it. That’s all…no more, no less.

My post is a little off topic I know, but I think my point is quite clear. Open communication can solve a lot of problems.

16 Likes