Severe Problems on Xbox After Sim Update 9

I am in the same situation, mate.

Well, Ok then. So its gonna be a long waiting period before everything ever gets back to the way it was before SU9. This is really sad you know how things are with MSFS. I donā€™t feel like using it anymore regardless if Iā€™m offline or not. Iā€™m considering putting my Xbox in my storage closet till whenever, and then coming back to it in a few years. Maybe by then theyā€™ll have it fixed or maybe it wonā€™t be around anymore. Iā€™m at the point I donā€™t care about it anymore and thereā€™s no point me beating my own dead horse and posting about the issues with it. Iā€™ll just use Aero Fly FS2 until FS4 comes out and stay with that SIM for the interim. At least that SIM is without issues and it just works ā€œflawlesslyā€ Period ! Iā€™m running it in 4k and its absolutely stunning the imagery.

1 Like

It has absolutely made it worse. I have had way more CTDs since SU9.

2 Likes

i tested the beta hotfix today. all problems are still present except for the CTD at the loading screen when the WU IX was installed. only that should be fixed by the hotfix, or did i miss something?

You should be able to find a Series S fairly easy. The Series X has been in short supply

If you have game pass, you can still run flight sim with cloud gaming on a computer or iPad or tablet.

1 Like

I had to get mine through BestBuy RBC all access program. $43.24/mnth for 24 mnths including Game Pass Ultimate. My friend from Microsoft canā€™t even get one and heā€™s an employee. Go firgureā€¦?

K Iā€™m off to workā€¦by by.

I think i will give up, sell my XBOX for a PCā€¦ Hope it will be betterā€¦

The CTD problems are (on the Xbox at any rate) clearly not addon related. There are people whoā€™ve used a vanilla sim, no mods or addons and have still suffered. The fact that it can happen at any phase of the flight, with any aircraft, at any airport, at any time, means that the logical conclusion is that the problems HAVE to be sim related, not addon related.

5 Likes

CTD, problems with SU, problems with WU, no good airlinersā€¦ Bye XBOX

2 Likes

Ive been playing this on xbox series x since the day it came out and consistently had issues with CTDā€™s just about everytime i tried to play it.

This past week with the WU9 issues, i ended up deleting and reinstalled everything, starting with the WUā€™s, then add-onā€™s. I have flown numerous flights since and had the game run for hours without a single CTD, not once. Currently flying now and still no CTDā€™s.

Sadly it was expected id get at least one or two crashes every time I played but now im not getting any. Ive even experienced a couple extreme hiccups where the game freezes for 5 seconds or so expecting a crash but it pushed through it and ran fine. :man_shrugging:

I did the same thing. Deleted my reserved space, reinstalled everything, addons and WUā€™s. It still crashes.

I am genuinely dumbfounded.

I donā€™t blame you at all but for me it was ā– ā– ā– ā–  well working fine pre SU9 so it clearly can work well ,and I am going to stick with it as infuriating as it is ,and I refuse to spend 2-3k on a pc that I will never ever use outside of MSFS,been there done that for the past 20 years,no thanksšŸ˜

2 Likes

Perfectly noted. Furthermore, it is not related to the console processing capacity, because Iā€™m doing a lot of flights using my i5 4590 CPU with a GeForce 1050 2 gb. And it was excellent for me (despite the horrible default airliners) until the update 7 on Xbox Series S.

1 Like

Itā€™s still not letting me get past the loading screen Cus I canā€™t get onto beta or do you know another way.

In fact it might be because Iā€™m in the Ik and the hot fox may not be out yet Iā€™ve just read it should be out at 9pm so my fingers are crossed

Where did you read that if I may ask?

Only other thing i did was changed the rolling cache in options to 30 gigs. Figured why not, I have the space, and shouldnt hurt

2 Likes

Itā€™s a miserable canned thing, like playing GTAV and grass makes the controller shake, street textures do not. Even 200ā€™ wide mini islands have turbulence for the split second you fly over them at 170KN. Before it was canned mountain turbulence, but at least remotely believable. This is an absolutely talent-less hack mod about on par with a Roblox game. Pure garbage and outright insulting for a game that costs $.01 more than free on a game that dares use the word ā€˜simulatorā€™ in the title. Iā€™d expect more from deer bowhunter simulator 10 XBOX 360 via gamepass.

Itā€™s like someone literally entered /Land_Textures/all=(turbulence.bs)0-100000AGL.

1 Like

My rolling cache is 32GB.

I donā€™t actually think that makes any difference, though. Thereā€™s no common denominator with it. People are getting frequent CTDs and they donā€™t have a rolling cache set.

No someone told me on Xbox. He sorta put stuff liek this. Just a mate. Listen donā€™t bother with Nate wait until then and like for us brits should be good again.

HOEPFULLY.

1 Like