Sharp Rocks protruding from San Diego Bay (near KSAN airport) see photo

Recently installed SU6 and was very dismayed to see “Stonehenge” (a bunch of ugly sharp rocks) protruding from beneath the water of beautiful San Diego (CA) bay - so dismayed I shot a photo of the offending scenery to post here (if I can figure out how). Anyone :ELSE: see this stuff? No idea how to get rid of it purchased the boats/ships upgrade thinking that might fix it but NO JOY. Help anyone, please? VERY UGLY and very much an IMMERSION KILLER! :frowning:

To view these, depart to the west off rwy 27 at KSAN and immediately make a hard left turn flying out towards Point Loma and you will see this very soon after takeoff.

Asobo - can you please help on this? Don’t recall this issue prior (?) to SU6 but not sure.

Thank you.

rocks at KSAN

Turning off photogrammetry will get rid of these, I usually fly with it off, the generic buildings are good enough.

Thats pretty funny because thats what San Diego used to look like for me, the ships in the harbor had trees growing out of them and it looked like they suffered from a Nuclear blast…

Have you tried rebooting your modem/router you might just be getting a slow connection.

Could be sail boats as interpreted by the sim as rocks, is this by a marina?

Sorry, photogrammetry is what ‘floats my boat’ as I used to live in San Diego, so the ‘closer it is to real’, the better :smiley: I can only hope Asobo will hear my plea, Obie Wan Kenobe! And may the (graphical) force be (corrected) with us!

If you look very closely at the photo I included in this post, you will additionally note there are sharp rocks protruding from the ‘dry land’ areas AS WELL. No bueno!

Yes, there are some flattened-out sailboats also nearby - You’re probably right the AI can’t tell a razor-sharp sail from a rock protruding from the deep. As they say in the city “it is what it is”.

Yes, I came from FSX / P3D / Xplane. Just when I thought I was out (of simming), MSFS pulled me back in. So the pretty girl, she just cannot have a bad complexion! I insist on living the dream!

To report bugs or issues, they need to go in one of the categories in #bugs-and-issues or you may submit directly to Zendesk.

There are several topics on photogrammetry in #bugs-and-issues and in the #self-service:wishlist. Before posting in either category, please search for an existing topic.

Yes, I did look for a ‘current’ (not-closed) topic on this issue - sadly, I was unsuccessful in finding one with exactly my issue that was still open for comment.

All those ‘rocks’ are scenery that havent drawn in before you got to them. There are alot of rocks to draw in San Diego, and sometimes its just to much for a system to handle…If you fly through the desert, you will see splotches on the ground, thats underbrush that couldnt be displayed before you got to them either…

Sorry but I do NOT concur. It’s very limited to just a small part of San Diego bay where the jaggy rocks are showing (see my photo insert). Rocks also jutting up from land areas as well as sea. I think it’s the A.I. not being able to correctly guess at what ‘should’ be there after looking at the photogrammetry image. It’s not the end of the world, a minor immersion-spoiler is all :slight_smile: cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.