Shift+Z Stats

Any chance to move the text to a more central position so that will not conflict with the compass displayed in outside view, now it overides it.

Yes, thatā€™s on the todo list. I think this will be a feature thatā€™ll come with the next update.

I think the best place would be at top right of the screen.
Actually, as said above, it interferes with the HUD compass and/or with the DEV Mode strip.
If in central position, weā€™ll have it on our principal sight.
On top right, it will interfere with nothing except with the dev mode FPS counter if itā€™s active. Not a problem.
A great option if possible would be to be able to place it with X,Y settings so everybody can choose.
If setting by X,Y coords is not possible, the possibility to have the first line empty or transparent will permit to have the display one line lower.
Thanks and congratulations for this job.

2 Likes

Super approach to show varibales of MSFS ingame!
Generally, your interface should support all MSFS variables (using SimConnect or similar).
Can you tell which variables are currently supported (hard coded in your tool) and if there is a chance to access other MSFS variables somehow, too?

Check the userconfig.ini that comes with the add-on to see the currently available variables. The next update will contain more options. Iā€™ll let you know.

Update 1.1.0 is available now

2 Likes

SUPER !
Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Update 1.1.1 with new features has been released

2 Likes

This is a wonderful add on and I love it!!!

2 Likes

Hi! Thx for your tool :slight_smile:
When displaying BaroPressure the readout shows in InHg, although the sim is setup for the European used Hybrid system - so the readout should be in hPa.
May I ask if thereĀ“s a way to implement that in a future release?
Best, Bjƶrn

The add-on looks for the set cockpit setting and switches units accordingly, like with e.g. the A320 FCU:

Ā­
However, if itā€™s more convenient to be able to manually set it in the userconfig.ini, Iā€™ll add this option in a future update :wink:

I was looking at the userconfig.ini, and noticed TimeLocal

How would I put that in? TimeLocal=1,1 ???

Letā€™s take the first default stats block [TextInfo.1] in the userconfig.ini as example:

[TextInfo.1]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
Airspeed=1,5
WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6
TimeLocal=1,7

This would add the TimeLocal at the end of the first block of stats. If you want to change itā€™s position, simply re-order the last integer. For example:

[TextInfo.1]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
TimeLocal=1,3
Altitude=1,4
Heading=1,5
Airspeed=1,6
WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,7

Now the local time would be shown after the Longitude value. To show the local time below the other stats, increase the first integer by 1 to place it on the second line, like so:

[TextInfo.1]
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
Airspeed=1,5
WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6
TimeLocal=2,1

This allows for complete customization of the order the stats are being displayed in.

Let me know if you got it working :wink:

That worked!!! Thx!

One last question :slight_smile: is there a way to see what the outside air temp is (and in farenheight?)

1 Like

That would be nice.

As an aside, I donā€™t understand how come the flight simulator doesnā€™t tell you this telemetry, when using live weather, in the weather menu.

1 Like

@AirmailBear Nice. I added the OAT to my todo list along with an option for Celsius and Fahrenheit.

@ElatedLeopard71 Thatā€™s what Shift+Z Stats is for :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I only have two little issues with yhe new version.

• When I want to display stats for the first time in a flight, shift+Z keys binding is not working. I have to click two or three times on the icon in the toolbar to have a display. After, keys binding is workingā€¦ until the next flight !
  • I have set the display at TopRight. Itā€™s OK if I use my 3840x2160 screen.
    But Iā€™m using a 5120x1440 Xwide screen. And the display is near in the top middle.

Hope you can do something for the next release.

Another thing is about HUD display.
It looks like MugZ wonā€™t update his mod.
Do you think you can make a toggle function for the HUD ?
Would be a great great thing to have a shortcut again for this !

Thatā€™s a side effect of the changes Asobo made to the user interface (UI) in SU5. Custom add-ons in the toolbar are not running until the user enables them manually. Thereafter, the code is running like before the update. However, Iā€™m working on a fix, then youā€™d only need to enable it once you installed the add-on, instead of having to activate it every time.

Ā­

This issue is fixed and will be released with the next update of the add-on.

Ā­

Yes there is already in the latest version of my add-on. Use the num-lock key. I think in the future Iā€™ll add an option in the userconfig.ini where youā€™ll be able to customize the keyboard shortcuts.

Ā­
Thanks for your thorough bug report :wink:

1 Like

Now I know why I appreciate your work since the first Splash Screen.
Like G.C. said ā€œWhat else ?ā€
Thanks again for helping MSFS to be better.

1 Like