Shift+Z Stats

Just tried HUD shortcut, works well, and without the need to activete Shift_Z Stats before.
Thanks so much to help when making vids.
Why didn’t you mentioned this shortcut before ?
So many simmers were waiting for this function !
You have to write it everywhere with a big bold font… :smiley:

Yes please. From time to time I’m using an USB numpad as an additional buttons box for vids purpose, and using the NumLock for HUD avoid a lot of bindings.
And this blue LED in the eyes…
Anyway, in the meanwhile it’s parfect. (and a piece of tape on the LED will do the job).

Smiley-pouce-levé

1 Like

Thank you, that would help :slight_smile:
It seems that with Cessnas and those types the imperial unit (inHg) is calculated internally although metric unit (hPa) is displayed…

Update 1.1.2 available now

1 Like

I discovered another issue with the use of “NumLock” key.
When using a keyboard without numpad (e.g. laptop or small keyboards), when you are in NumLock mode, typing some letters gives you numbers. Bad for files names !
I looked in the keyboard default profile in MSFS, and it seems the “<” key is not used. Could be the good one.

What ? Not already done ? Pffffff…
:wink:

Yea the < key could indeed be a good alternative. Haven’t released the key customization yet, as it requires some more testing to make sure it doesn’t interfere with anything else.

What I did release is the new shift+z keybind detection that allows to toggle the stats without first pressing the toolbar icon, which fixes the side effect that was introduced with SU5.

Stay tuned :+1:

1 Like

You can now customize the displayed barometric unit with PressUnit in the userconfig.ini and the temperature unit with TempUnit.

Thank you very much :slight_smile: Works as advertised!

1 Like

Update 1.1.3 available

with VR Mode improvements

3 Likes

Great job as usual.
Thanks for < >
You’re my God !

1 Like

After SU6 the Shift-Z mod keeps the menu arrow on screen all the time :frowning:
Otherwise wonderful mod!

Thanks for reporting. A fix will be included in the upcoming update :+1:

3 Likes

I just tried and for me it works as usual. No arrow and the bar appears when getting the cursor on the area.
Try desinstall, launch sim without, exit and reinstall.
Edit; My bad, I forgot I also have “msfs-toolbar-nohandle” and thats why I have no arrow displayed.
https://github.com/kaosfere/msfs-toolbar-nohandle

@AmbitiousPilots : is it possible to have a starting splash screen for the Steam version ?

Hello guys!

This is a MUST HAVE mod, but unfortunately i have autopilot problem.
When the mod is in the community folder, the C172 (steam gauge) autopilot doesn’t work.
I push the AP button and i just hear a beep and the autopilot doesn’t turn on.
When i move out the mod from the community folder, everything is ok.

I don’t use any other mod.

Does anyone else have similar problem?

Is your A/P bound to the “Z” key ?
If yes change it for another key (but not a comnbination of Z plus another key)
I have no problem with the steam gauges 172 and shift+Z stats, nor with any other plane.

1 Like

No, I did not have any keyboard associations with autopilot.
But…
Now I have associated a key with AUTOPILOT MASTER, and voila, this key is used to switch AP on/off (still not with the mouse).
Thanks for the help!

:airplane: Happy New Year 2022 :star2:

­
Enjoy your flights, stay safe and get ready for the next update which is coming soon!

­

2 Likes

Working on getting white Text Colours

I set up ‘userconfig.ini’ in the following manner…

[TextInfo.1]
TextColor.1=255,255,255

[TextInfo.2]
TextColor.2=255,255,255

[TextInfo.3]
TextColor.3=255,255,255

If this is correct all three lines should be white. In game only the first line was white the rest remained red. The line with your name that disappeared also remained red (so the first line was white but the line underneath was red). The red is blurry on my monitor (4K 32") making the info hard to read while the white is crisp and readable.

Q1: What was my mistake?
Q2: Can I change the default colour (red) to white?

Note: In ‘userconfig.ini’ the green text ‘https://fsxinsider.com…’ link opens the msfs flight simulator home page.

Thanks for any help.

Change every TextColor to TextColor.1

The number behind TextColor.* represents the line number of the text. You gave it the number of the data set. So for example, if you want to display the first line of text in white color in a specific block that’d be TextColor.1=255,255,255 , then the second in green with TextColor.2=0,255,0 .

Thanks for pointing out that the fsxinsider link has expired. If you still want to see what the page was about, you can do so here: FSX Insider | Customizing SHIFT+Z

Enjoy :wink:

That did the trick. Didn’t clue in to the ‘per line’ bit before.

Screenshot 2022-02-11 184848

Appearance in MSFS.

Thanks for your help. :grinning:

1 Like

this tool is very handy i always use it

1 Like