Shift+Z Stats

I’ve noticed that the wind direction shown is not the magnetic direction, but the TRUE direction. I guess this is not correct.

This is possibly the best single add-on available for MSFS, free or not. And it’s free. Magnetic or true direction, so what? It’s good enough.

2 Likes

How’s the new update coming along?

It’s probably too late (and I can’t remember if I’ve already wished for this elsewhere with you…!) but any chance we could get an Average FPS Counter as well? One that averages out over the whole session, or X number of minutes, that sorta thing, thanks

@PointedGerm1276 This has been reported before. Data has been fixed and is part of the next update.

@TangledBinkie44 Glad you enjoy the add-on!

@MarcG888 I remember you did request this feature. I’m working on the add-on due to changes required for SU8. If I’ve got enough time, I’ll try to implement it with the next update.

2 Likes

Awesome thank you, sorry forgot I had asked :man_facepalming:

Since we seem to be in “request mode” :wink: have you also been able to fix the issue where using this mod the menu handle bar doesn’t disappear?

If in the same time you can do something for Shift+Z no more avoid the use of the minimal HUD, and remember it’s state between flights it would be fantastic.
I’ve already said it, but your addon is the one to have ! (With Addons linker too).

@Giannino2 Yes, handle is fixed.

@PlumbGlue67 What do you mean by “avoid the use of minimal HUD”? The compass rose on the top left when the stats are shown? If that bothers you, try the Position=TopRight parameter in the userconfig.ini , that’ll show the stats on the top right instead and leave the compass visible. And the add-on should remember the state of the current stats between flights just fine.

2 Likes

No, my stats line works as expected and it’s state don’t change between two flights.

I’m talking about the HUD display in external view (it’s the same in cocpkit view but I don’t use it).
With “Instruments heads-up display - chase cam” set to “Minimal” in “Assistance settings/User experience” and ShiftZ inactive,

the HUD display is like this:

It’s correct.

With ShiftZ active, I get the “old style” HUD (even if “Minimal” is set)

And it’s this HUD display that comes back when I start a new flight, even if I disabled it with “<” or “>” key.
Before it stills disabled until you re-enabled it with the key, even between flights.
Another point is before the markers like “Airports markers” or “City markers” were also disabled with “<” “>” and no more actually.

All my tests were done with no addon in the Community folder, except Shift+Z Stats.

2 Likes

Thanks for the details, now it’s clear what you meant. I’m working on the SU8 update, so this will be fixed as well :wink:

1 Like

THAT explains why I’ve started to see this HUD behavior! Good catch!

@AmbitiousPilots Thank you for very good addon. Could it be possible to add FPS for CPU and GPU seperately? It is not big deals, I can see them on flat screen on developer mode when I play with settings. Yours work VR and without developer mode and it is superior.

Great tools you post on flightsim.to! Just downloaded your Shift-Z tool,

it does not work with the keyboard but I like the toolbar version

it yields useful data to put in the screenshot image, like latitude/longitude, nice small font

Settings I found on github,

I am unable to find the shift + z app at flightsim.to

The link was posted above, but here it is again.

Shift+Z Stats » Microsoft Flight Simulator

1 Like

Does anyone know when or if the Shift+Z Stats will be updates after the SU8?

Version 1.1.3 is still current and works fine (at least in my rig).

@TheSevenFlyer,

Does it show FPS? Mine does not.

Mine shows FPS OK

No FPS for me either…