Shift+Z Stats

It’s still working absolutely fine for me too.

Worked fine prior to SU10, but now it toggles the AP for me. My workaround is to use the option in the toolbar/menu rather than shift+z.

Assign the autopilot to a different key, problem solved. :wink:
For me, for example, it’s the single Z.

1 Like

MSFS now has 2 great gliders in the 40th Anniversary release, long waited for by the glider community. In Europe, real gliders use the METRIC system (meters, km’s, …). Sadly enough, although possible to choose METRIC in MSFS, the gauges still display altitudes in feet, speed in kts, …
Having just discovered the existence of Shift-Z Stats, I absolutely love it, it’s even better than what we had in FSX. BUT, could it configured such that the user is able to specify the units the variables are shown in? Could be similar to PressUnit and TempUnit. For example: AltitudeUnit=m (applies to all altitudes), SpeedUnit=km/h (applies to all speeds), … Would be greatly welcomed!
And 2 other points:

• WIND 256 Mag would be more readable if it would also show the unit °: WIND 256° Mag
  • Time display is inconsistent: 16:40 UTC versus LOCAL 09:40 → better 09:40 LOCAL
    My 5 cents…
1 Like

I do not know where to post this but since beta 12 shift+z, when activated in VR, creats a wide white stripe in my headset. If I deactivate all functions i the configfile, I can enable it in the menu, otherwise not. Anyone else noticed this ?

2 Likes

Yep, me. Very unfortunate, and I hope the author can resolve this.

same here.

Hi all,

please read my latest post here:

8 Likes

I am very happy to read that you will look into the Shift+Z Stats app and possibly fix the VR problems. I am missing this app, every time I am flying.

1 Like

Interesting…I use HP Reverb G2 VR Headset and don’t have any issues with Shift+Z Stats app. in AAU1.

What’s AAU1?

Sorry for the late response.
Aircraft & Avionics Update I (AAU1)

2 Likes

Hi, you’re on SU12 latest update and shiftZstats works in HP Reverb G2 VR? How? Everyone seems to say otherwise. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

1 Like

It’s worked from day 1 using G2 Reverb…in the community folder goes the mod.

Just wanted to say “Thanks!” for this awesome little tool.
It took me a little bit (I are dumb…) to figure out that I had to insert TextColor lines into the .ini file, and also that I had to turn the external HUD on in ‘Assistance Options’ to be able to use the bracket key to cycle it on/off.

I’ll be sending a PayPal donation your way when I get paid next week. Definitely worth sending a few shekels your way.

same here, broken since the update for some 3 months now (in VR, varjo aero)

I was in the BETA and never had this problem with the Reveb G2. For me it just showed up after the latest update.

Does it work now in VR?

All of a sudden, my reading for wind direction reads minus degrees when less than 360. Used to read like 355 degrees, not -5 degrees.

Love Shift-Z … thanks so much @AmbitiousPilots