Shocking Support from HP with Faulty Reverb G2. not happy

Pre ordered my G2 Headset back in July. It arrived early December, and all was great both in Xplane and FS2020. Then it just stopped working. not recognized by windows and no light on front of headset !! So I contacted HP Support for them to offer a replacement Headset. This then took a further 4 weeks to appear . (Headset only, no Lead etc). I plugged it in and shock horror still not working. Why they didn’t send a lead with the Headset god only knows. So of course I contacted Support again for them to offer a replacement Lead. I`m now 4 weeks waiting and with no updates and have just rang them only to be told there is a further delay of 4 Weeks. And to pour salt into the wound they have emailed me wanting to know where my faulty Headset is as I haven’t returned it. !!! Bad Service HP.

I’ve heard a lot of people saying the same thing. Kinda reminds me of the same complaints that OG vive users used to have with HTC. Product fine but god help you if something goes wrong with it!

1 Like

The lead on my Reverb G2 went faulty. The light no longer comes on when I plug it into the power supply. I phoned HP support and raised a call with them on 5th Feruary (6 weeks ago) and have heard absolutely nothing from them since.

I chased them today and have been promised an update by the end of the day. I’m not hopeful of hearing anything.

The thing is, I am sympathetic to supply problems and high demand. What I find unstisfactory is the complete lack of communication.

At the end of my last call, the guy said “thank you for choosing HP”… I had to bite my tongue…

The leads are known to be often faulty, it is surprising their support guys did not send a lead out first rather than a headset.

Well I received an update… They have today ordered me a new power adapter. Unfortunately there is nothing wrong with my power adapter and so I am now trying to cancel that and order a replacement 6m video cable. Unbelievable…

Oh well I suppose another wait of several weeks now…

I’m beginning to think that this is more to do with support staff competence than supply…

“Thanks for choosing HP”

Us G1 owners have been warning you all of HP for the longest on all platforms…You simply chose not to listen…

Well my new display cable finally arrived today and my headset is now working again. All in all, it took just over 6 weeks to sort that out.

Not a good experience, but credit where credit’s due, at least it’s fixed for now…

Nice prospects…6 Weeks without VR…

since yesterday I got the same issues, Error 4-1 , Headset not recogniced and no LED at the Headset…Called HP support

There are rumors that HP will develope a new cable, and they will extend the warranty by 3 months: found only a german video: HP macht ein neues Kabel für die Reverb G2 und verlängert die Garantie um 3 Monate! - YouTube

That’s interesting. I wonder if existing customers will be offered the new cable. It might go some way towards rebuilding good will…Lets hope

I have the same issue as the OP - Reverb G2 worked great for about a week and then was no longer recognized, no light on the front, no light on the cable.

So, like many others, I figured it was a faulty cable. It took six weeks to get a replacement cable, and it was a newer part number, and hopefully a better design. The cable light is now on. However the headset was still not recognized.

So, I apparently had both a faulty cable and a faulty headset. My theory is that the faulty cable caused the issue in the headset, but who knows.

HP promptly sent a box so I could return my headset, and then is just sitting on the repair for the past month. No parts inventory, and they cannot tell me a date when I can expect. This is a shockingly bad customer experience.

I cannot fault the staff who answer the phone - they are top notch. The company just cannot get its engineering and supply chain act together!

HP support has always been terrible. My G1 strap broke from a point inside the unit after nine months of careful and ocassional use. Technical support said that they did not expect anything to break, so they do not carry spares. Thus the warranty cannot be serviced!

I couldn’t wait that long. I’d have to buy a new headset. 6 weeks is a joke.

Yes, and it’s been longer than that for me. First, waiting on a new cable, and now waiting on a new headset. They are still selling new Reverb G2s with immediate fulfillment, so if customer service were a priority, HP would be sacricificing some of those $600 new units to replace the faulty ones… but they are more interested in making money than having happy customers.

Have any of you invested in the 3yr advance replacement warranty? HP guarantee a complete replacement of what you purchased next business day and pickup the broken one at the same time. Have yet to test the warranty system since purchasing it for £72, but hopefully I won’t have to, but for effectively £2 a month I thought the piece of mind was worth it.

Without any update, HP sent me a replacement headset. It did work and I am happily flying VR again. However, this unpleasant experience will stay with me a while.

got a replacement cable, now it works fine again. Took about 4 weeks…

Oh dear - I was just about to click ‘buy now’ on the G2… Think I’ll wait a few more months and see if a new revision comes out… Very worried about the perceived quality of HP’s support.
Thanks
PaulyFSPauly

1 Like

Yep better waiting, I have my 3rd G2 now and my 2nd cable, glad its working now, well at least as long as the cable will break again. The last time they send me a headset but my cable was broken. Got a cable 4 weeks later. Good thing is I have 2 working G2 headsets now, as they dont want them to be returned…:wink:

1 Like

4 weeks for a replacement cable? That’s nuts. Can they not be sourced locally?

Insane that you would have to pay them extra to fix their broken $600 trash that only lasts a few weeks at a time in a timely manner.