Show average ratings for developers in the Marketplace

There are now a lot of developers in the Marketplace, which is great. But, when buying from an unfamiliar developer, it can be difficult to make a purchase decision if the product you’re looking at doesn’t have a lot of reviews.

It would be helpful if Marketplace listings could also include an average review metric for the developer that covers every product they’ve put on the Marketplace. (The proposed formula is simple: Add up the number of stars for every review and divide by the total number of reviews.)

This would allow great developers to gain trust, and incentivize all developers to maintain a high level of quality across their products.

Some/many of the products I have purchased through Marketplace are atrocious! nowhere near a payware quality, yet I can’t get a refund (for misinformation in descriptions and ‘edited’ photos) like nearly every other game out there. So Yes, I do agree with this idea of a metric.

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about that!
I don’t know if anyone here has successfully gotten a refund on a Marketplace purchase, but I would definitely talk to the developer(s) if you haven’t already. (Sounds like you have, though.)
In addition to this Wishlist topic, you may also want to look at these topics:

1 Like

I strongly agree that the marketplace needs to be more supportive to users. There should definitely be more information (like the vote above) for average ratings on a product, as well as a more direct method to refunding or asking for support regarding purchases that should be accessible in the marketplace.
Maybe even a comment section or any other method to get feedback from other people who have bought the items before you.

1 Like

Very much agreed!

2 Likes

If you take Steam reviews as an example, you could easily see it might be someone’s full time job at MS/Asobo to keep those clean. It’s a good idea, but perhaps another moderator millstone.

Regarding refunds, Valve buckled under pressure from EU consumer protection legislation, and were forced into offering refunds within certain restrictions.

I can’t a see why Marketplace planes, or DLC, shouldn’t be covered my a similar agreement.

1 Like

And here is WHY there must be a comment section when viewing vendor’s wares… One small jet, absolutely no additional content than an average Cessna 152 = 5GB But too late now hey :frowning:

Agreed and voted. We need more ways to be able to filter for good content, and able to find out what we’re purchasing before hitting ‘buy and download’, especially with more and more content being added every week.

2 Likes