Side monitors in multi-monitor support not optimised for DLSS

Hi guys
I use x3 TV on FS20
I notice that the sim use NVIDIA DLSS for the main monitor but my dual sides monitor the resolution is not optimised with DLSS.
In fact DEVMODE shows me that on a native resolution 2160p when the DLSS QUALITY MODE is active this option give me a 1440p resolution so it’s OK for better performance but it work only for the main screen not my sides screen, my sides screen keeps their native resolution…anyone notice this thing?
If Asobo can update some options for multimonitor it Will be great!
Thanks

1 Like

Hello guys
Anyone notice this issue ? When you open more windows view, the native resolution is not optimized by DLSS…
Thanks for your feedbacks

I think I may be experiencing this as well. Triple monitor setup. Main display runs smooth, ~40-110 fps depending (DLSS 3.0 w/ frame generation.) Side panel render windows appear to be running at a lower FPS, like ~20 or so. Haven’t been able to measure it though as the nvidia overlay just shows the main display FPS. If the multiview render windows are indeed running without DLSS that would explain the appearance of lower FPS. I’ll enable developer mode and check.

Hello
Did you solve the problem ? I’m still thinking that DLSS do not work on sides screens…
That affect FPS overall… :frowning:
If a Asobo’s dev can tell us if multiscreen is OK with DLSS…
Thanks

I have not solved this problem but have confirmed that it exists with at least one other user.

Hi, so with a x3 4k tv setup, what’s the best setting to avoid latency ?
2k (left tv) + 4k (center tv) + 2k (right tv) with DLSS Nvidia on performance mode ? :confused:

Can confrim the same here. Running 3 x 50" TVs in multi monitor with my 4090.

I can get frame generation running on the main display but its not active on the side monitors.

Does anybody know if this is a MSFS thing or does it not work in other games either?

I also get some artifacts when using Frame generation, usually around moving objects but is tolerable

1 Like

Do you all use the multi monitor option of Asobo?
Because i have no problems when using the triple monitor setup by Nvidia.
NVidia makes one big screen. And yes there is some known visual distortion on the side monitors but the frame rate is the same as the center monitor.

1 Like

Agreed 100% here. It takes a lot of persistence to set up but when done it is magic except for the (minor) edge distortion.
I have never been able to understand why NVidia Surround is not more popular in this situation, it is the only way to use with TrackIR and can be very realistic.

1 Like

NVIDIA Surround distorts (stretches) the screen far too much for my liking and (IMHO) is no where near as good to look at as the Asobo multi monitor setup and reprojects 3 different images. In terms of performance I don’t actually see much difference between NV Surround and the Asobo solution (in terms of either CPU Main Thread or GPU usage) - its just a shame you can’t use frame generation on the side monitors with the Asobo solution.

This is my setup with Asobo 3 x monitors going in the CRJ.

1 Like

Same issue here. Frame Generation and DLSS still only working on main monitor in triple monitor setup. Main monitor is 3840x1600. Side monitors are 1920x1080. Running RTX 4090 with 13900KS 64 GB Ram.

Has anyone reported this as a bug yet? I know this is an “experimental” set of options I suppose, but should be working none the less.

Hello guys
For me DLSS is a ■■■■■■■ garbage so I choose to use TAA at 75% of rendering scale for my main 4k TV. And for sides 4k TV (x2) I set the resolution to 1440p and since that it run smoothly and more sharp than DLSS quality or auto… I can run ULTRA every settings except the LOD at 100 (4080 RTX 5800x3d)
Bye !

Well it was reported here

But it doesn’t appear to have been logged. Suggest anybody who has the issue head over there and vote it up. I’m guessing in the big scheme of things there aren’t many of us with triple monitor setups using frame generation…

1 Like

I think multi monitor configurations are not a high priority for Asobo.

There are many people that has complained about the simple and basic multi monitor support in MSFS.
It looks like a beta version that is not been developed any further.
Hopefully Asobo pick it up sometime and produce something decent.

I think you are probably right, but it would be good to know that they at least acknowledge that this is an issue…maybe there is an easy fix?

Exactly the same issue, in places like EGLL, side monitors are just bunch of slideshows, very annoying indeed.

Reckon the best thing you can do is vote here: Frame generation works only on main monitor

Certainly DON’T hope so!!!
Have had MSFS through 2 years now - however still can’t use it for my 4 monitor cockpit setup.
So still have to stick to P3D!

Not really relevent to the topic…performance in P3D is just as bad as MSFS.

This thread relates to using Frame Generation in MSFS accross multi monitors.