With a new SU, dont ALL wasm modules have to re-build, to the newly detected sim update ??.
So yes, at least the 1st Load after a SU may well take a VERY long time, if you have a lot of wasm bases aircraft – and then a long time again, if you later turn any aircraft back on , fir the 1st time, with a Addon Launcher profile, after that SU, ???
The time to load the game was so long that I quit the beta and reinstalled the game. Removing the contents of the community folder didn’t change a thing.
I also quit the beta because the load times for both the sim or a flight went up about 10x what they were before.
I also have something (not sure why) making the 787 CTD after pressing “fly” once the plane is loaded. But I couldn’t figure out what mainly because it would take too long to diagnose because of the loading times. If someone figures it out please share.
Just checked my OneStore folder and it was over 300gigs. All default Asobo stuff by the look. I’ve just deleted all the Bushtrips/Tutorials/Challenges etc. I did this months ago but they must have redownloaded.
This folder is a prime candidate for the new lighterweight client that is due in 2024. Only download things as you use them.
Most of the stuff in that folder I have never used.
EDIT: Just restarted the sim and it is redownloading all of the things I have just deleted.
Apparently a “Mandatory Update”. Good Grief!
OK, but I’m suspecting that I’m dealing with another issue, as no one is reporting loading times to the extreme as mine. I haven’t been able to start the sim under 5 mins in years.
Pre-1.34.10, my load time was about 2.5 minutes from clicking the icon to being at a workable main menu screen to start setting up my flight. Now it’s over 5 minutes. That’s a huge step backwards. This is by a significant margin the longest, slowest loading time I’ve ever experience in the sim since launch.
And I made sure to load in more than once to make sure there was no WASM compiling in the background.
Loading into a flight from the main menu is significantly slower as well. I was actually quite shocked to see how long it took to load into a flight with the C172 G1000, which is typically quite fast.
You can’t delete official content from your disk, it will be redownloaded when the sim starts. You can do two things:
Uninstall content from your content manager.
Using add-on linker enable the official folder feature in advanced features, then you can move those contents to a different drive but you need to have them enabled in add-on linker or will be redownloaded.
Something that should not be of any concern to most users,
Maybe the less you choose to know abut what may be going on under the hood, the better you can sleep at night !!
but, to answer your question, it a log screen of all error, that MSFS is programmed to report, when you select the Dev Console, if you have turned on DEVELOPER MODE option form the main Options menu,
Just be careful, as going in there, and changing stuff you may not understand, can really “MESS UP” the running of MSFS.