Sim does not launch (1.17.3.0)

Thanks. On the original problem machine, AV is not installed, Windows Firewall is disabled, and I’m signed into the Microsoft Store and Xbox apps with the same credentials originally used to purchase the sim in the Store. The support team at one point had me sign out, uninstall, and reinstall all of the Xbox-related apps, but that didn’t solve the problem either. I just signed out and back in to both the Store and Xbox app with no issues, but the problem persists. I also created another Microsoft account and tried using those credentials with both apps - in that case the sim launches but again hangs at the same place as when using the original credentials used to purchase the sim.

Press
CTRL+ALT+DELETE and click task manager
Click startup tab and disable all non microsoft apps.

In windows search bar type
msconfig
right click on it and select run as administrator
Select “hide all microsoft services” and then select disable all > apply > ok
Rstart PC.

Thanks again - unfortunately I’d tried those previously on each machine and it has no effect on the startup behavior.

I am also still having these issues with the error. Every suggestion that is made by support or google search does not help. I have two seperate machines as well and both have the error.

I have tried everything possible but no luck what so ever. I hope they come up with a solution very soon.

1 Like

I haven’t heard any mention of the built-in reset function being used. It cleared a recent CTD problem for me launching into a flight. There’s an advanced options link to it from Apps & Features (where the sim uninstall is located).

Yes, I’ve tried both the Reset and Repair options in the Advanced Options menu for FS in Apps & Features; neither resolved this issue. Thanks.

I prefer using the Reliability report under Maintenance in the Control Panel for clues on ill behaved PC’s. Everyone on Win10 21H1 I presume

Thanks. Yes to 21H1, and the reliability monitor shows no failures or warnings related to FS, Xbox or Store related apps.

By any chance, is Win10 logged on to a local account and not your MS account?

I’m logged in to Win10 with my Microsoft account and the Your Account Info screen appears to confirm that by showing the option “Sign in with a local account instead.” At one point I tested with the local Administrator account, though logged in to the Store and Xbox apps with my Microsoft credentials - same result.

Just below the Info screen is Email & accounts. Is your MS account showing in Accounts used by other apps?

Yes, and is set to “All apps can sign me in.”

I was seeing a lot of weird sign-in issues with MSFS a week or two ago and your issue sounds like something in that area. But I’m out of ideas . When you re-installed Win10, did you do an overwrite using an ISO or fresh installation files?

Same here, very frustrating, since somewhere in the middle of june game ctd’s after first sceneryscreen (castle pc) tried al things zendesk advised, send them my log files and systemspecs, no success, at the end i even reinstalled pc and win 10, no success, it’s game over and i am quite sure now the problem is not with me. I bought Xplane11, starts very fast and works great, msfs standard scenery is a bit better, but Xplane11 has powerlines, trains, helikopters, gliders, ultralight, handles its own errors, setup my controllers automatically and runs much smoother than msfs. I only regret having paid a lot of money for msfs and a lot of addons

I did a fresh install.

I’ve had a remarkably similar experience, but am holding out hope they’ll identify and resolve this.

1 Like

it’s not the same if you not also see 0x80000003 in your log :wink:

PS.: he simple post its issue in all possible threads and just not want to start a discussion, because for him is " is all useless and he is actually quite knowledgeable " and he play now xplane :wink:

Listen, i really believe you are a good willing and lovely person trying to help (no pun intended), so i will not take your reaction personally. At the same time, i will keep posting my frustration with MSFS everywhere i can without attacking microsoft/asobo/zendesk, simply because i am a paying customer and i want serious support when things don’t work. Zendesk does not offer that, they only send a prefab list of possible solutions and if that doesn’t work it’s your problem. That not acceptable to me.
Have a nice day Micha!

thats the point… in the yellow category we discuss to find workaround, solutions, etc. …
Generall discussions about quality , things which should/must be handled better, etc. is the usualy the blue category. We are simple not the developers or a official side, just a helping community.

I know it’s frustrating if the game not works and also the support can’t help. But with write a post here in forum you mainly ask “us” and without any kind of discussing, nobody in forum can possible help to find a helpfull hint and nobody is interessted to read always the same “it does not work”.

I recommend to choose a topic which you want follow and start the discussion with us. As example the big CTD thread in which you got allready a hint. And with a bit luck a user find the important hint for your situation, which the support currently not know.

And because you have an error-code, you are in a better situations than the OP where this is not the case and so we can only guess a accounting issue.

PS.: never personally… if it sounds in that way, it’s my worst english

Hello! Downloaded the game for the first time today and i have the same problem :confused: Unable to pass the launch screen because of connection issues

1 Like