Sim Freezes when Loading into Airports/Airfields SU5 and WU6

Maybe this shows there is a update cycle mismatch in addons released through the store and other publishers?
Just guessing…

1 Like

If you mean that there are some add-ons in the marketplace that are not updated, for sure, I agree with that.

For the Sam Scene 3D Hong Kong City Times scenery though, the maker of it did not make any updates for the Sim Update 5 release up to the day of the release, and a few days after the release. For those who purchased Hong Kong City Times at an external website, it worked normally when Sim Update 5 was released. However, for those who had the MSFS marketplace version, it did not work when Sim Update 5 was released.

Yes, I meant that, including that an update for an addon released through the publishers website and to the marketplace, is available for the users on a different timetable.
I have no explanation for what is happening with Sam Scene 3D Hong Kong City. It is very strange

I know a really good head shrinker that deals directly with flight simulator related issues, so you have no difficult conversations when booking an appointment. I’ll DM you their number :joy:

Well its the only sure fire way to make sure every single file and folder related to MSFS is removed, so as a last resort, its a valid step to take. When reporting our findings to Asobo “some people have even had to reinstall Windows to get it to work” is something they have to take into consideration.

You’re not bothering me at all. Glad to help. As far as I can remember I bought Orbx London City through Orbx Central. I use Orbx for many of my add ons so it makes sense to keep them all in one place. Pilot Plus Booker on the other hand was bought through the marketplace and was one of the airfields affected, even after uninstalling it. So it could have been Pilot Plus Booker causing all the problems for the UK. But for the rest of the world? I don’t see how one scenery can make me not be able to load into an airfield in Africa lets say.

All in all, I should have tested better instead of reinstalling Windows and taking the easy way out :joy::astonished:

The silence has been deafening from Asobo/Microsoft throughout this roll out. I expect the next Dev Stream over on Twitch to be a good 3 hours long lol. Its not unexpected though. They would want to get 90% of the major errors sorted out first before answering questions on update 5. And you know there are going to be trolls absolutely hammering them for the update, instead of asking sensible, relevant questions. You’re all crooks, you stole our money, how do you sleep an night, yadda yadda :grin:

3 Likes

Same thing here. Can’t load Megis it just freezes but like yours the music still plays. I tried deleting and reinstalling but no help.

I have the same issue and all my landmarks are pink tiles.

So far uninstalled in order to get past the freezing screen between world map and spawning at a point near the addon :wink:
-Moscow Landmarks (By DD)
-Switzerland Mesh (By FSDreamteam)
-Washington Landmarks (By DD)
-Landmarks London City Pack (By Orbx)

These addons do not have a tag ‘Updated’ in the marketplace
My guess here is that it is up to the devs now that produced these addons
Except for Sam Scene 3D Hong Kong City :thinking:

I have an issue with London City airport from Orbyx that I bought from the MSFS marketplace last year. As soon I enter it into a flight plan the screen freezes and I end up having to reboot. I have several other add-on’s from Orbyx that I purchased direct from their website and have no issue with those.
I contacted support at Orbyx today just to let them know. They replied immediately to say that this is issue that Asobo have to fix at their end. I’m hoping that there will be an update soon.

I have all those City packs active, but what makes a difference for me is Bijan’s season mod (community folder). Once I remove it from the community folder, I can always load into London, even with all city and landmark packs active (London, Switzerland mesh, Moscow, Hong Kong etc. etc.) Once I put it back in, I can almost never (once in 100 tries it works…), I get stuck on loading screen into the flight.

EDIT: Of course the season mod is updated to the last version from Simmarket.

I have been having CTD just like your, trying to load an airport. I’ve been pulling my hairs all day, uninstalling this and that, re-installing, etc. After five tries of loading the Orbx Airport in Sydney, I decided to uninstall the Logitech driver for my Radio Panel and then it loaded the airports without a glitch like ten times! I always suspected the Logitech driver because after every CTD I had to go to my to my task manager and end the process for the Logitech driver otherwise the sim would not load.
After realizing that there is no new driver on Logitech’s website I re-install the old driver and now it works every time. What I am trying to say is uninstall and then re-install the Logitech driver and see if that is your issue.

Thanks, nice to know. Safes me from contacting them😉

You have me worried now. I installed the driver to my Logitech Autopilot panel last night before I went to bed without testing it.I’m going to test it shortly. I also noticed no new driver. The latest is from December of last year.

So please explain again what you did? You had this december driver installed, so you uninstalled it, and reinstalled it, and this solved the issue?

Thanks for your testing.

Chris.

Please everyone, try this and see if it works you.

Load into a flight with Clear Skies preset. Then, if you want Live Weather, enable it after you’re loaded in.

I was having this problem quite often the past few days, and so far every time I’ve disabled Live Weather before clicking the FLY button, I’ve loaded in without issue.

Then, enabling live weather after you load in seems to work fine for me too.

I’d love to see if this works for everyone just as well.

Tried and tested buddy. I always selected Clear Skies with no traffic, and offline, and variations of this with no luck. Still froze at 50%.

1 Like

■■■■, sorry to hear that :pensive:. It was worth a try though. I might have just gotten lucky the few times it worked for me.

1 Like

Au contraire. My sim is working fine now after doing a clean install of Windows 10 lol. :man_facepalming::grin::+1: For how long I don’t know as I haven’t installed any 3rd party scenery or aircraft yet.

1 Like

Yes, that’s exactly what I did. I have a different Logitech device, the radio/nav panel but doing that helped me, what do you have to lose trying. You have to uninstall it from the Window apps. Hope it works for you or you will need to contact Logitech support.

Update. This morning I tried to load the same airport again and it crashed. I am going to uninstall the logitech radio and keep it that way for awhile to make sure that is what’s causing the CTD. 8(

Flight loads fine and flies the route but just as I enter the approach it either freezes or it CTD without explanation. Tried the C172 with only the marketplace G1000 mod. And also the Longitude with latest mod + G3000 latest mod. Makes no difference as soon as the aircraft turns toward final it either freezes or CTD. All drivers are up to date. Deselected “gaming” mode in NVIDIA (as suggested on Youtube) I checked my resources and nothing being over-used but GPU temp was at 46C and I have water-cooled system. But don’t think that is out of ordinary. Never had a CTD or freeze with MSFS before SU5 and its hotfix. Whatever ASOBO did to accommodate XBox needs to be rethought because this seems to be happening to a large majority of PC users since the update.

1 Like

You better touch wood, cause I was saying the same before the emergency patch, and now I am having the issues. This is going back and forth and no one is immune.

I have exactly the same issue as OP (on PC), and posted on this just after the last update.
The progress bar stops in exactly the same place every time. For me its Airports around the Southeast of the UK. I used to fly from Stapleford, and each time I try to fly there, FS hangs.

I removed all community content.
Ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the Sim.
I also notice no internet activity.

When I check task manager, I see the information below.

DS.

2 Likes