Sim incapable of injecting any clouds in Live Weather

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

Brief description of the issue:

In live weather, there is no injection of clouds, and only ugly haze areas around METAR. No clouds too. Also, apart from the METAR areas, the visibility is 100%

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Provide coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

All over South Asia(Indian Subcontinent)

Provide time & date of the observed Weather issue

05:00 AM ZULU onwards

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Fly around VIDP airport, take off and leave METAR area.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Since SU11

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Try resetting your connection to the online services. Go to Settings > General > Data and turn off Online Functionality, then save, then back on, then save, then restart the sim.

Tried. It doesn’t work.

I get this problem about 50% of the time.

This MUST be brought to attention of the developers as it kills the realism. Do you have any workarounds?

Just to check - do the clouds render correctly on the preset weather modes? I presume you’ve not got developer mode (black toolbar at the top of the screen) switched on?

Check that post Live weather stops injecting after a certain duration flown / certain time flown
and if using a PC try disabling IPv6 (need to restart PC).

Yes, the clouds render perfectly on preset weather modes. Nopes, no developer mode on.

2 Likes

IPv6 already disabled :frowning:

3 Likes

Even if METAR at VIDP says IFR (that is why you have the bubble), Meteoblue map is not reporting clouds in that region:

Weather Maps | Live Satellite & Weather Radar - meteoblue

Could you fly in a region where Meteoblue reports clouds and check if clouds are injected there ?
Also check your world map prior starting your flight, if you don’t see clouds where you start your flight, then you’ll not get either clouds in the sim.

2 Likes

Yes

I see no clouds in MSFS, with live weather ON, in all airports of the world. QNH and winds seem ok. The workaround with IPv6 didn’t work for me.

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

No clouds in Live weather anywhere. I have winds and pressure - but no clouds appear anywhere

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Provide coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

Provide time & date of the observed Weather issue

9:00am 11/30

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Start a flight in an area where its clearly raining or overcast - no clouds

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Current live version

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

No issues for myself in that regard, but just to be safe, go into your options and ensure the data / online options are all turned on.

Sometimes in updates they get turned off.

Been thru all that and more after reading all of the forums this am - nothing is working

Topic moved into #self-service:weather for community assistance.

Have you tried the search function? Multiple topics can be found on this issue. Search results for 'No clouds live weather' - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

I have suffered with this issue for quite some time - on average, I don’t have live weather clouds about 50% of the time.

However, whilst I thought the problem was associated with servers, I now think it is caused by addons in the Community Folder.

Please rename your Community Folder and create a new empty one and then check live weather clouds.

This worked for me.

I am now trying to work out which addon / addons are the cause.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks…tried that as well (although I dont have that much in community anyways)…still no help atm

1 Like

Ok…I repaired my msfs in apps and features and the clouds are back. I was thinking of reinstalling but I am glad I didnt have to go that route.

3 Likes

Interesting, I hadn’t heard that one yet.

Glad you got it all back.

Actually I was a bit premature - its not 100% - sometime I load and I get clouds and sometime I load and I dont…still cant find the rhyme or reason to it yet.

1 Like