Sim self deleted itself and reinstalled!

Not bizarre I think. Everybody was kicked out of the beta january 13th. This was communicated clearly multiple times. When you boot your pc after that and had the sim installed in the default location and had auto update switched on in the store, it was wiped automatically. When auto update was not on, it was wiped as soon as you chose to update.
Install the sim in a custom location this time and keep pointing the installer to that location in the future and you’ll have no trouble anymore. Lesson learned (like myself, twice :wink:).

3 Likes

It is bizzare it deleted the whole of the community folder. In 18 months of Beta to now not once has any update deleted the contents of the community folder. Why now?

Just be sure to never select “Verify integrity of game files…”

2 Likes

It did for me, twice. Once when leaving beta su4 and once with beta su6. And looking at the posts this happened to many people this time. Which is not surprising, because this was an open beta and many people who hadn’t done this before and hadn’t read all the instructions bumped their heads this time.

2 Likes

I always back up my Community folder (close to 80GB) to another drive.

1 Like

I did too but that was two weeks ago , doesn’t matter I have reinstalled it all clean and it seems to be getting less stutters now , so it sort of was a clean out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.