Sim settings getting reset with every update

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

The last couple of small sim updates, I get asked to run through my settings on the load screen, as if I’m a new user. After going through them, I load the sim only to discover that it has also deleted my SonicViz profile assignments and all my custom buttons on my Flow wheel. I get that these are 3rd party apps, but this is being caused because Asobo keep resetting my sim. Luckily I haven’t lost the actual presets yet, but the SonicViz app is extremely useful when you have pretty much a different profile for every aircraft, and it’s a nightmare having to assign them all again, especially knowing that they might get deleted again at any time (this is the 3rd time now).

The issue here is that everything is getting reset on the initial load screen. I’m constantly being asked for a disc (which is utterly ridiculous, as I don’t own a disc version). There was also a recent Windows 11 update, and it seems to randomly not log me in when I start Windows, and this could be what triggers the “insert disc” message. But 2 times since that windows update, there were small sim updates, and both of these caused all my settings to reset.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Not sure what screenshots I can provide? The problem is with stuff being deleted.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

It’s not something I can “reproduce” until we get another update for the sim, or another windows update.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:
Processor: (CPU) Intel® CoreTM i7 20-Core Processor i7-14700KF (Up to 5.6GHz) 33MB Cache

Motherboard: ASUS® PRIME B760M-K D4 (mATX, LGA1700, DDR4, PCIe 4.0)
Memory: (RAM) 64GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200Mhz (2 x 32GB)
Graphics Card: 16GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4070 Ti SUPER - HDMI, DP, LHR

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

After a windows 11 update, possibly 10th of April 2024

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

Thanks I’ll have a read through that thread. I tried searching before posting but nothing came up

I’ve had the same problem for two days, quite boring, plus I lost all the device profiles. From what I read it’s a problem with Microsoft’s game services, so everything could go back to normal on its own without me doing anything, correct?