Sim Skunk Works - FIAT Aeritalia G-91 Released

I figured you guys already knew. Thanks for your hard work!

1 Like

While working on bugs,corrections and suggestions,we are also preparing the free livery packs.
They will be divided in different packages, by nation and “themes” (like special colours,etc).
By the way…
Any request so far? :wink:

7 Likes

Pour yourself a Big Drink ! You deserve it ,… Thank’s so Much !

1 Like

Something like that would be great

Do you want to improve the flight model, as well ( roll - pitch ) ??

2 Likes

4 Likes

I think this is very smart and is my 1st choice Request.

4 Likes

This one’s especially for ZootSuit9682

All that liveries are already included.
Since it’s a modified porting of what I already did in P3D (modifying roughness,materials,screws,rivets,panels and stuff like that) I just realized there is not so much space with requests.
Ok I think at this point you will enjoy paintkits!
BTW…3 pictures and an Easter Egg…ops.

11 Likes

Really Incredible Work ! Is the 2 Tone Grey with Lightning Strike on the Nose also included in your amazing Gift ?

Does the new update also include FM- and behavior- tuning?. Flew the Gina the whole day (VR) and love it. Its a very subjectiv matter, since I never flew such a jet in RL: I find it very twitchy on the ground and in air. Very direct without any delay and the feeling of mass. Both in pitch and roll. Yaw is ok. and also the performance figures. I have a hotas with extension and even then its very sensitiv to inputs. I use the default profile. No rant here, just my two cents. Flying from Aviano to Grossetto with real weather in this jet is just breathtaking. Thank you so much making this possible.

1 Like

OK, I just bought it. I can’t wait to fly it. Should be fun!

1 Like

So, many moons ago, I got my hands on an F-86 in FSX. Can’t for the life of me remember the dev, but I saw a review on youtube that said this plane scratched the same itch. Anyone have any comments?

1 Like

Hello,
I have spent many hours trying to at least mitigate that “arcade feeling” that all the aircraft demonstrate without however being able to eliminate it.
When I stumbled upon this post many things became clear:

The MODERN flight model does not take into account the dumping factor that air density causes on flight controls, the complete lack of damping factors after control displacement, generates a reaction almost like we were in a vacuum.
Also inertia plays little or no role here neither, the airplane doesn’t seem to deal with mass coming back to equilibrium with barely any delay or overshoot.
All above is “hard coded”, an issue to the core in flight model, affecting all airplanes.
Another issue is the “super steering” you have surely noticed, that over grip on the nose wheel resulting in ridiculously squirmy steering once you pass around 15 knots.
Well nothing to do with steering or rudder effectiveness, it’s “PROP WASH”.
Asobo’s absurdly exaggerated prop wash, it makes runway take off steering a nightmare, and it is hard coded, can be mitigated using several tricks but you cannot switch it off.
We are confident that Asobo will correct these problems in future versions, in the meantime we will continue to try to fix the FD problems reported, but we want to be honest, we can mitigate them but not eliminate them.

3 Likes

Yep. Stay tuned

1 Like

After a few hours flying I have noticed that if there’s any crosswinds it’s nearly impossible to complete a take off run. Any thoughts?

Well, I’ve tried everything to recreate your problem - with up to 50 knots of crosswind even with gusts. With and without takeoff trim. There were no problems. The G-91 always took off in a straight line. Maybe a little more detail how it’s impossible to do a takeoff run?

I’d buy this plane. Any news when it will be available on the in-game market? I tend to not buy anything outside of it. It’s just easier that way to get updates.

1 Like

Normal full power from standing with brakes release at 100%.
I have turned live weather off and use a preset and no problems. In live weather wind speed was 17knts so should be no problem. Also 17 knts in pre set.
So I think it’s live weather with a mad crosswind element.

1 Like