Sim update 5 broke trim wheel - cant fly classic 172

Just the trim wheel. That’s what I’m going to do. Reverse Axis “glitch” aside, all my other controls are working as they did in SU4. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

2 Likes

I tried reassigning it but to no avail

1 Like

Same here. +400h only with C172 Classic and since SU5 it’s impossible to fly.

I don’t use a wheel for trim, just a hat switch military style, but I’ve found the elevator trim to actually be improved in SU5. Single clicks do seem to make more of a difference, so if I hold the switch like I did before I’ll probably badly overcorrect but if I remember to go one click at a time I find it’s easier to find the right setting for the phase of flight I’m in and I don’t lose track of where the trim wheel is, so to speak, nearly as much.

1 Like

EDIT: There is a post in the bug reports section regarding the trim issue, please everyone that is annoyed by this go there and click the VOTE button. This really needs to be fixed.

I’m using a joystick hat switch for trim and can confirm since this last update the trim is insanely sensitive in the 152/172. One fraction-of-a-second click on the trim button sends the nose way up or down. It’s impossible to trim for level flight. I also tried using the mouse to move the trim wheel in the virtual cockpit and that is even worse than using the hat switch.

3 Likes

For anyone who cant find it.

1 Like

I see the same.
Not full range. And I use the Y axis of the throttle of the Thrustmaster - the side knob. It only works for trim wheels, not for electrical rocker switches anymore.
In addition, the trim direction is now reversed. I can easily reverse it in the controls settings, but it seems that it worked the opposite way the wheel is turned or the indicator is showin (up is down and down is up).
To make things worse, it seems PMDG reversed the direction intheir patch, probably to address this for their users, the result is that I need to keep changing the reverse axis setting when switching aircraf…

1 Like

I had this problem with my X56 thumbwheel… the fix was to go to your content manager and update the packages requiring updates… this includes the c172. After that it worked fine.

I have the same issue.

Yep having the same issue here. First time it happened it caused a stall which turned into a spin. Recovering from it was fun and I was able to land. This trim issue makes flying impossible.

I’m using pretty much using the complete logitech package without the instrument pods and the FlightSimStuff Cessna Style throttle quadrant (which is awesome btw). I’ve tried disabling all of the inputs for elevator trim and disconnecting all of the peripherals. It seems that the trim is always at 100%. The FlightSimStuff throttle can move it but only to the opposite position at 100%.

I have updated this on 2 other systems and both have the same issue. I dont even have any flight sticks attached to those. What surprises me the most is that there’s been nothing online from the dev’s saying they are at least looking into it.

I love how this is supposed to let us fly with the XBoX users but I guess we will have fun watching them fly by from the ground…

I’ve pretty much been only using the C172 after the update. I have the Carenado C182 and it doesnt seem to have the trim issue. Anyone else have planes that have working trims?

SU5 cure the trim wheel on my Bravo Throttle, works great now, even with C-172.

I think it’s all right too, be it on the sensitive side. Still I’ve voted for the issue, because after I think that people should be able to tweak the sensitivity to tune it to their taste.

There is big difference between Bravo throttle and Saitek trim and others

Bravo throttle use virtual buttons to simulate trim wheel and connected to trim up and down buttons in control settings
Saitek trim use real wheel encoder and connected to trim axis in control settings

this issue linked to trim axis

2 Likes

I have read that very many people complain about hypersensitive trim, so I am afraid that this fix for Bravo will only be temporary, I recommend everyone who has used vJoy fix with the Bravo not to uninstall it yet.

That might be it. I fly with the Bravo trim. Thanks for clarifying.

Since update 5 i have lost my rudder trim. Elevator trim works well but rudder trim does nothing. Tried reassigning to another switch in case it was a controller problem and its the same. Something in update 5 has buggered the rudder trim

Just done some troubleshooting. Rudder trim no longer works on controller no matter what buttons you assign to it. Rudder trim on keyboard works going right but not going left. Hope they come up with a fix soon.

Yeah, the trim is screwed up, can’t make smooth tune, way too more sensitive, this is just awfull.

1 Like

Same problem with Extra 330LT and Logitech X56