Sim Update 5: pop-in is horrible, and bad FPS stutters while switching from cockpit to external view

Oh, but I thought that frame rate meant nothing. I base that assumption on all the people swearing that 20 FPS is playable and flying games do not need high frame rates. Wow, now I’m confused :slight_smile:

2 Likes

also pop up poi of buildings everywhere

1 Like

This is not sim anymore. It’s an Xbox game.

7 Likes

It never was. It has always been just a computer game where you fly around in a computer generated world. Accept it for the novelty that it is and you will likely be less frustrated…although it does have simulator in the name…so…IDK

That’s what a flight simulator is… flying around in the computer generated world. I don’t know what you meant with your comment.

2 Likes

This simulator now makes it painfully obvious nothing exists unless you look at it.

6 Likes

It shows the minimum, maybe just as “real life”… Who knows.

Yep, you are absolutely right. :slight_smile:

Have to say very disappointed with the new update, terrible popping in of scenery, trees, buildings etc, that never occurred before, tree draw distance still awful. Once again a graphical downgrade. The sim is so much worse than on release.

8 Likes

Funny to see all the same complaints we had in the beta.

6 Likes

also cant seem to click on anything in the cockpit, just brings up this strange window with an arrow with something like press ? to unlock???

I’m amused by the idea that because some people are having visual fidelity issues, this is now “no longer a sim.” Apparently eye candy is what defines a sim now! Of course, for almost a year we’ve been hearing people criticize MSFS for being just visually impressive but without enough depth to be a real sim. It’s so hard to keep up.

2 Likes

See this thread Cannot interact with cockpit buttons - #3 by moxiejeff

1 Like

Suggestion to make these change will help on CFG, the trees distance is not issue, it will draw to the horizon if you want, better then the older mod. The performance still great, not major hit like SU4.

{Terrain
LoDFactor 5.000000 (adjust to your taste:Ex 4.000000)
}
{ObjectsLoD
LoDFactor 10.000000 (adjust to your taste:Ex 5.000000)

Was literally thinking and laughing at the exact same thing.

Every single thread appears to be things we’ve all been saying, pre SU5.

2 Likes

This is terrible … what the hell?!

11 Likes

Does any other game do culling this way? It’s horrible!

1 Like

yes absolutely shocking

1 Like

Even if it’s just a game, it was nice to feel completely immersed in the world sometimes. Any sort of (noticeable) pop-in just breaks it and reminds you that you’re just playing a game.

4 Likes

thanks will give a try, I knew this would be a disappointment and I wasn’t wrong

2 Likes