Sim Update 5: pop-in is horrible, and bad FPS stutters while switching from cockpit to external view

When finishing editing CFG set it as read only to avoid the sim change the value after.

2 Likes

Tons of the last decade’s poorly optimized PC titles do…:rofl:

1 Like

This video perfectly shows the pop-in issue. And I don’t think panning left and right while your flying is outside the realm of normal use. The video clearly shows it doesn’t matter how quickly you want to switch views, it’s going to reload scenery whenever you pan the camera.

8 Likes

I don’t get that effect at all, what are your specs?

Look at my footage: https://youtu.be/_CmAKTiVsEg

2 Likes

This happens after EVERY major update when everyone and their grandma overloads the servers and eventually settles in a few days in. Even worse now as BOTH the Xbox and PC users access the cloud services.

OMG, what is that like 12 FPS?

Since the issue happens at a relative distance, it’s hard to notice when you have skyscrapers and a city in the way. Go fly over somewhere where you can see buildings and trees at a distance.

1 Like

I never asked for more performance! This is a DEGRADE. I didn’t spend 2300 dollars for a PC to get this downgrade in visual qualities. I should have just bought an XBOX. Well, I guess I don’t need to look for that 3080 videocard. It won’t help make PC msfs look any better.
Dumbdowned, degraded, downgraded for the Xbox. PERIOD.

14 Likes

Except it isn’t, but believe what you want.

2 Likes

couldn’t agree with you more, so angry

2 Likes

Actually 30-45 fps, never got below 30. Ultra settings, 4k, RTX3070 and R5 3600 with 16gb of RAM

My God, it is terrible

2 Likes

Nice “optimizations” MS

Placebo is one helluva drug.

2 Likes

I use camera view: look out the right window, look out the left window, forward and I see scenery refreshing, popping in, fill in.
Hey Aboso, no need for camera views, we will just pan and look straight forward from now on.
Seeing the scenery refreshing, popping in right in from of my eyes is a sim and immersion killer.

5 Likes

That vid made me nauseous :nauseated_face:
Also there is pop in happening… the vid is just too laggy to really observe

1 Like

You cannot please everyone without adjustability. Lots of people wanted more performance, and they got it but with a visual cost that some can ignore, while others cannot tolerate. You are correct that those with bleeding-edge rigs that are not interested in pushing 60+ FPS have been shafted in some way. I imagine how bummed you must feel right now.

We need to work together as a community and request that they allow us to adjust the amount of culling, with the option to completely disable it as well, and then everyone will be happy. I don’t understand why so many people in this thread are trying to flame each other.

4 Likes

lol I see the trolls have been released

omg it’s horrible for me after SU5, lots of CDT, stutters when i change cam position, and LOD problems :’(

Maybe he’s doing that to HIGHLIGHT the issue?
I see that issue just flying around like i used to in SU4.
SU5 is a downgrade for me. YMMV, but for me, there was NO need for SU5.
I had no issues with smoothness, no pop ups, no refreshing stuff.
If people had this issue, upgrade your PC to run an AAA title game.
Or get an Xbox at a lower cost and have these “features”.

5 Likes