Sim Update 5: VR Draw Distance

I see this different in my setup. I have less popups and far further draw distance from trees. Maybe the popup phenomena is different and tied to different settings somehow?

Interesting. Putting those to 200 seems to give me worse performance AND visuals than SU4 with LODs 100 though…

1 Like

Same… Ridiculous!

I use VR and it does not do that.

can confirm lots of squares are popping in and out if you turn your head to look out the window

1 Like

i created a bug thread under graphics section please vote

Please post the link, thanks.

1 Like

Has this also to do with The constant Micro stutters when turning head slowly in VR?

I get this all The time now and it is making me vr sick, never had this before and never was sick before in vr.

Revert g2
I5 11600k
Rtx 3080ti
32 gb 32000 MHz

2 Likes

I am very new to VR and struggling to get any clarity in the headset whilst in the sim. It feels like its not focusing… Openxr 100 and in sim is 80.
The AA is an issue too, right? Very jaggered edges everywhere, this is a huge shame and maybe a deal breaker to send the VR back…
What are you thoughts, since we have similar spec…
Reverb g2
I5 10th Gen
3070 rtx
32GB

1 Like

TAA is the (only) way to go, currently I’m getting scenery shimmering with any other AA setting. AA in menus / windows and for some users in the cockpit is a SU5-specific issue which will hopefully resolved soon.

Try tuning down OXR scaling and upping sim scaling instead and see if that helps, eg. 80/100. It appears to be consensus that sim scaling is most important for image clarity. Though there might be other issues with your setup, too. I’m using 100/100 with the G2 and clarity is ok. 100/125 is tremendously better, but unplayable.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply.
Yup, using TAA too and it’s very jaggereed. WMX is 80 and sim 100 but I will have a play…
Thanks for your input and let’s hope the “hot fix” is a fix…

Im having the same issues, it was much sharper before, especially with the “PC render scale at 200%” trick. Thisnis the worst part of thebupdate for me, everything just looks inherently grainy, blurry, shimmery and jaggy now

1 Like

Whay fps are you getting with 100/100? Mine drop below 40 when i do that on a 3080 and it starts feeling less smooth

With 100/100, LOD 150, TLOD 100 and a mixture of medium to ultra settings, I’m getting 30…40 depending on where I’m flying (low over a photogrammetry city vs. medium-forrested rural area). Min FPS are as low as 15, avg around 34, 0.1% around 25.

This is with 11900k, 3090 OC, 32GB, 100MBit/s, HP G2.

Especially when looking out of the side windows and/or down, it is not smooth for me either, but this was also pre-SU5. This is why I usually fly with motion reprojection=on - although this has various other drawbacks. However especially when flying low this is the only way to give me a smooth experience of the scenery I’m flying over.

Errm, but this is not in VR I assume (this is a VR thread :wink: )? In 2D mode I’m getting 50…70 FPS on maximum settings at 4K.

Please set UserCfg.opt in F:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-1623376217-919666565-1557720393-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

to the following values:

{GraphicsVR
Version 1.1.0
Preset Custom
{Texture
MaxAnisotropy 4
Quality 1

to MaxAnisotropy 16

And the

{Terrain
LoDFactor your-value.000000
}
{ObjectsLoD
LoDFactor your-value.000000
}

your-value to LoDFactor 2.000000 or even 5.000000 if you have a powerful machine.
And you are no longer plagued with immersion-destroying LOD-pop-ins, vegetation pop-ins and too low draw distance.

Enjoy you flight (and please be aware how jealous I am, I would do anything to enjoy Flight Sim 20 and DCS finally in VR like in the old Ace Combat days. VR flying was the most intense VR experience I ever had but I still don´t have a PC headset so always consider VR flying as something truly special).

I dont find this path on my machine to find UserCfg.opt

Should be under /users/your-username/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft Flight Simulator/

1 Like