Sim Update 5: VR Draw Distance

This should help:

1 Like

Draw distance looks the same to me as before, but I reinstalled from scratch as I had the awful download loops when updating.
One thing I’ve noticed is that in certain weather conditions everything looks washed out, it’s like the sun is a fluorescent light.
Getting a bit better performance though, which is nice.

What would be the point of setting LOD factor 2 here? Isnt that just the same as setting it to 200 in the menu? Also, doesnt a value of 5 just kill performance? My performance already drops significantly when i set it to 200 via the menu, and thats with a 3080 (and OCed 8700k)

I just did some more benching (pre-recorded flight, CapFrameX) and figured that when setting LOD=TLOD=200, frame times in the high frame time region (that is, the highest 1…2%) are reduced somewhat (2…4ms) when compared with LOD=150, TLOD=100. This is reproducible. Average etc. remains pretty unaffected. I could only think that this might be due to less frequent popping of scenery objects. Might as well be some measurement effect :wink:

Please all vote here, currently at 300 votes. As well as the LOD distances themselves, there is the new and worse problem of nearby objects popping in a few seconds after turning your head, regardless of the max distance that it will ultimately draw the objects. This is potentially due to the fact the sim now seems to be capping itself to using just 6gb of RAM and VRAM. I certainly regret my purchase of an expensive PC with 3090 card now and really miss the previous sim :frowning:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.