Sim Update 7 Live Weather regression - a broken mess

I really miss that.

1 Like

Makes you almost want to cry doesn’t it, to see what we once had and what they have now taken away from us.

3 Likes

Yep in addition to the live weather not working atm, then general degradation of visuals even when it was ‘accurate’ is shocking. Post SU5 the quality of the clouds were dramatically reduced in my opinion, just never got the wow factor I used to get after that update.

5 Likes

Yes, the difference is really fierce.

1 Like

Well I guess this is what happens when you prioritise console players

9 Likes

I guess Reno players won’t care about live weather or overcast layers at FL200 being missing. And there lies the problem and why there are so few votes on most of the weather related threads.

So much for it being a “sim for simmers” as Jorg once mistakenly called it!

7 Likes

Yep exactly

2 Likes

I found the weather engine before SU7 really great. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: When it was said that it would be revised and improved I had only thought “Wow, what more can you do? :star_struck:”

I didn’t expect it to end in a nightmare
 :scream:

7 Likes

Yes I remember watching the Q&A the night before release and thinking wow, this is exactly what we’ve been waiting for.

But no, completely broken and the worse it’s been instead.

And I would bet you, the devs had to get SU7 out in time, they had that target to meet. Not only that but also sales targets to meet for Reno. So hey they hit both now let’s all celebrate and regroup after Christmas.

3 Likes

The clouds are not on the ground at EDDH today, so I checked the METAR:

METAR EDDH 301150Z 29019G33KT 9999 FEW025 BKN042 07/00 Q0995 NOSIG

In FS, the FEW are more like big BKN clouds with a base of 1200’ and it looks like the BKN042 layer has sunken by the same amount. So in case of an OVC, 3000’ base in RL would be required to allow VFR in FS.

That may not be a biggie for people who fly Airbuses into CAT-III equipped major airports but it sure renders all VFR flight planning more than difficult if not pointless, particularly in winter, not to mention the impact on the big selling points of MSFS - “sightseeing” and “the realistic weather”.

Yeah I was really looking forward to SU7/GOTY too, particularly because I understood it would bring more fixes on top of SU6 (which it did to be fair), plus the improved weather. I didn’t expect the VR controllers to be any good yet and I don’t care much about anything not working in the GOTY part but for some reason I didn’t expect that it will also break too many things again, and just of all the weather that was supposed to be improved.

Well, no biggie, except when you’re supposed to live with that for months, as the continuous radio silence suggests.

1 Like

Doing my daily testing to see if anything has changed, but still clouds very obviously being generated at the wrong height/level.

I’ve filed a zendesk report and I urge anyone else to do the same thing: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

Yep, didn’t even bother to take a screenshot as this is all I’m seeing all over Europe, regardless what the Meteoblue site or METAR reports.
And as I still think they are not totally ignorant to user (read = customer) feedback over at MS I fear the “radio silence” means there is no easy fix and as they reportedly totally changed the data they receive from Meteoblue a simple rollback might also not be an option for them. So we may have to face the possibilty we’re screwed.

1 Like

Yep, if it were any different I reckon they’d have made a statement by now. The fact that the moderators don’t reply to their PMs anymore, you don’t get a reply to zendesk reports and no comment from the devs does not bode well at all.

2 Likes

I am a bit more positive, they will fix it, because it’s clearly broken and far from what it was and what they advertised over a week ago. I think it’s more a matter of when
and i hope it’s not February.

1 Like

One would like to think they wouldn’t leave such a key feature broken for another 2 months+, but who knows with the way they seem to prioritise stuff

1 Like

When we file a zendesk report. Put it up here in the thread too with zendesk ticket number. I think that will help them find the related thread about it.

1 Like

My ticket number is 137000, " [Request received] Cloud bases/heights are incorrect", 30/11/2021

1 Like

Perfect, i wil file one too :+1:

1 Like

Awesome :slight_smile:

1 Like