Sim Update 7 Live Weather regression - a broken mess

but has something changed, as I said above “empty METAR” airport - clouds not “in the ground” - coverage the first time like it “should be”, have always tested this here or just a lucky day: :slight_smile: (not only towering cumulus):

I think we want option for it all of us if they who wants it doesn’t like it either or want to only fly without them sometimes. We don’t know it’s going to be fixed. We know what we had and that had less problems than this i would say.

Live weather broke today…flying a jetliner and once it reached 26000 the the plane speed went from 300 to 150 and plane started stalling!!..what happened, experiencing for the 1st time? Only by turning off the live weather everything goes bck to normal…terrible…still thought it was the plane at first…and went to reinstall my 787…argghhh

I don’t want them to get rid of METAR completely. As has been mentioned several times…winds, temperature and pressure from METARs were already being injected prior to SU7 and there are very good reasons to keep that as is.

Now, they’re attempting to inject METAR clouds and visibility…which is apparently quite a mess.

1 Like

I think this is also related to how high the clouds are in reality. The higher they are, the greater the probability that they will not be stuck in the ground in the sim.

1 Like

Mostly agrees. I want the wind to be more dynamic around the METAR wind speed rate. But i can live with that wind speed from METAR as long as they get rid of those injected generic clouds. It has the same pattern all over the sky+ the wrong cloud altitude+ many other things they introduced with this update. Like the volcanic activity going on everywhere. Or those Hurricane eye walls everywhere there is supposed to be overcast weather.

It´s my “test airport” until now, no matter when, I only saw these disappearing towering cumulus (this airport has no METAR at the moment) !

I’m not sure why it wasn’t dynamic for you, but live weather winds have always fluctuated for me. If you use Little Navmap, you can monitor the wind on the map display and it’s always fluctuated on average 10 degrees in either direction and a few knots in variation.

1 Like

did you check the outside air temperature. There’s a new ‘OAT’ at 240C bug been introduced today.

1 Like

Maybe they are actually trying something out? :thinking:

1 Like

I have used that and i know it changes around 2kts up and down. It’s almost nothing i would say. Have you ever had gusts up to 15kts over the avarage windspeed on ground?

Nope…didnt know that…i thought its the plane…reinstalled but didnt work…then check out the forum to see if anything strange gg on…and saw this post about live weather…and decided to turn off the live weather and then all work fine again…so has to be…been flying jetliner passed 30000 for the past few days without any issue…cant believe i spent an hour trying to figure out what broke my plane…

1 Like

I’ll agree with you on gusts. I haven’t experienced any gusts afaik, even when it’s reported in METAR. I think gusts were disabled at one point by design, but I can’t be sure. But it certainly isn’t because of METAR injection that gusts aren’t working or were disabled.

Could it be that it wasn’t yet this morning (6:00 CET)? I hadn’t noticed.

Correct. I think they stopped working with SU4. Custom weather gusts are working, but those in live weather are not.

What is still working? :joy:

4 Likes

I kept my A320NX going with the OAT @ 240C bug just for a laugh and got dual engine failure and a land asap message. I never did get above FL250. They just broke my favorite passtime on FS. Hope they fix it again soon. Must have been a server side update. This sim is a minefield of bugs the way it currently stands.

1 Like

I had some fun with ridge lift in Savage Grrravel today :).

1 Like

Renos had a patch maybe it’s ok.

1 Like

Didn’t sim this morning so no idea. It was all fine this time last night though. So it’s inlast 24 hrs. First confirmation was 7 or 8 hrs ago (see separate bug thread).