Sim Update Today?

Hi guys just wondering if the sim update is happening today or next month with the world update? Sometimes these updates and the dates can get me confused.

It should

Ok thanks hope it goes well for us

No. It comes out on the 25th

2 Likes

This is where it gets confusing

Yea they have a horrible format for the roadmap. Historically the date in parenthesis is followed and not the date it’s under. This is what happened last WU

7 Likes

And also sim/world updates have always been on Tuesdays. So 05/25 is the correct date.

3 Likes

Ok thanks looks to be that . Wish they would make things much more clearer with the communication it’s confusing and has been

2 Likes

that’s propably the date they deliver the update to Microsoft and then it needs to go to all the download servers worldwide and so on, so some delay ?

Tuesday’s are the magic day for things Microsoft. Patches for Windows are always on Tuesday, typically the second Tuesday of the month. As a rule of thumb, I wouldn’t expect much on dates that don’t fall on a Tuesday.

I am new to this forum. I want to post a new question/topic, but cannot figure out how. So I’m asking here because I found the “REPLY” button. How does one post a new topic?

1 Like

Every time we get same discussion. It’s coming on 25th May (Tuesday).

2 Likes

Go to the Community , General Discussion Category.

Top right of screen.

Determine which Category and Sub Category you want to put your Topic in.

Search for Topics that are already there before opening a new duplicate Topic…

1 Like

The “Update” coming today is the Dev Update (devblog), not an update to the sim. The next sim update (SU4) is on the road map and slated for next Tuesday, May 25. Unless something goes terribly awry with the update, expect it on Tuesday. And if history is any indication, even if something goes terribly awry with the update, it will likely be released on schedule anyway and the fallout dealt with in the form of a hot fix a couple of weeks later.

Microsobo have had very confusing terminology where the word “Update” is used interchangeably for various things, and it leads to confusion for those that aren’t forum regulars or follow the development of the sim closely. Also, the format of the Road Map is also confusing, as it buries the actual release date of SIM / WORLD UPDATES under another date category, but includes the actual release date in parentheses beside the entry. It’s clear if you know what to look for, but confusing if you don’t, particularly when combined with the inconsistent naming that doesn’t clearly differentiate devblogs and software updates.

I know some months ago there was some talk about changing these things up to remove the confusion between updates (dev) and patches (code) and making the road map clearer, but it would seem those things have fallen off their radar.

NOTE TO ASOBO:

How about using the term DEVBLOG for your Thursday dev updates like every other developer out there. It would help alleviate some of the confusion and eliminate the flurry of threads we get every Thursday with people expecting the next patch.

6 Likes

I was confused too because it literally says May 20th Sim update IV. They sure do need to make it less confusing.

3 Likes

The reason it’s this format is now they list every Thursday’s development update date. If in between a sim/world update is scheduled they’ll include it in that header with the exact date in parenthesis behind it.

It’s indeed not ideal, but at least you now know why it is listed like that :slight_smile:
The alternative would be a separate heading with a date with only one point beneath it (the update)

1 Like

This would help eliminate a large percentage of these “Are we getting a sim update today?” threads we see every Thursday.

6 Likes

You are correct .

2 Likes

is that the sim or world update?

Does anyone know when the next Dev Q&A is?

1 Like