Sim Update Today?

There could be an AIRAC update today.

Unlike the rest of the world that starts their weeks on Sunday for calendar, or Monday for business, Microsobo start their “week” on Thursday - the day they release their DEVBLOG (dev / SDK updates). All this does is add to their already confusing format and loosely interchangeable terminology.

That’s why it’s the “week of” May 20 (Thursday : today), but the actual Sim Update is actually next Tuesday, the 25th in the next calendar week.

Whoever thought this format was a good idea really needs to give their head a shake and rethink their decision.

5 Likes

Doesn’t help us poor Brits who write their dates down differently, so 5/25 in US is actually 25/5 in UK.

Two nations separated by a common language! :laughing:

5 Likes

We’re so close to the next full update that I would be extremely surprised to see them roll that out as a separate package before Tuesday’s sim update.

1 Like

Wish they’d release these updates over the weekend. I work on Tuesday dammit! Haha.

1 Like

Maybe. It’s a wash for me since I have Navigraph.

3 Likes

I’m American and was stationed in Cornwall, England for 3 years and always thought the English format for dates was more logical.:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Mat 25th. The date at the top is always a beginning of the week in which the below items happen.

I would seriously consider adding a date heading for updates to reduce confusion.

I hear you, I am forever “correcting” my US friends, especially when it comes to the Metric system :smiley: - I also drop them this image occasionally.

6 Likes

Same for me. I use Navigraph. The sim’s core AIRAC is irrelevant to me.

1 Like

Except the beginning of the week in the lists fall on a Thursday, which I think is a big part of the confusion people are having.

Haven’t seen any update when I started MSFS 19:00 local time here… and Netherlands is always quite early with updates. btw it sais 5/25 and the above list in white on black looks like a work plan, not update dates. Maybe today they prepare next week’s update ?

Today is the SDK / Dev update. There’s no sim update today.

When they list patches (Nav/Sim/World updates) on the roadmap, they put it under the heading of the previous Thursday in this case 20th of May. The actual update date is listed in parentheses (25th of May) on the same line as “Sim Update 4”.

All you are getting today is a post with some featured images, possibly(?) updated snapshots, and a list of marketplace updates.

Generally, there should never be a patch on Thursday. Patches of significance are deployed on Tuesdays which is in line with Windows, and other Microsoft (and third-party) work flows as it gives developers time before the weekend to fix any emergent issues that pop up after the update goes live.

What SDK update… it’s 0.12.0 now, we got that just before the last WU. And to be honest I did not see any SDK update OR update of MSFS ingame SDK menus since the repair update version 1.15.10.0 (the current one)

It’s the normal weekly Thursday Devblog where they tell everyone what they’ve been doing and what’s been done to the SDK. And of course, pimp the new stuff in the store. Like last week’s “update”…

There are no physical code updates today. At all.

This is what I meant earlier. The terminology they use in the road map is confusing, as they use the word "udpate’ interchangeably for multiple very different things.

36 posts to answer a simple question. Next. Tuesday. 25th.

4 Likes

37 if you count your own reply… and now 38…

2 Likes

make it 39

===============================================

02/16/2021 World Update 3 *
03/09/2021 Sim Update 3 * (BIG UPDATE !! )
03/26/2021 Patch 1.14.6.0 * (Performance Patch)
04/15/2021 World Update 4 ---- France & Benelux*
<---- Planned ----->
05/25/2021 Sim Update 4
05/26/2021 ** Dev Q & A ** Twitch
06/24/2021 World Update 5 ---- Nordics Europe*
07/??/2021 Sim Update 5

============================================

01/07/2021 SDK Update *
01/14/2021 SDK Update *
01/28/2021 SDK Update *
02/04/2021 SDK Update *
03/18/2021 SDK Update *
03/24/2021 SDK Update *
04/01/2021 SDK Update *
04/08/2021 SDK Update *
04/15/2021 SDK Update *
04/22/2021 SDK Update *
04/29/2021 SDK Update *
05/06/2021 SDK Update *
05/20/2021 SDK Update *
<----- Planned SDK Updates ------>
05/27/2021 SDK Update
06/03/2021 SDK Update
06/10/2021 SDK Update
06/17/2021 SDK Update
06/24/2021 SDK Update

I have used up all my re install options so now I cannot get FSX to load correctly. How do I fix this problem?