Sim wont start after 40th anniversary update

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

Simulator does not proceed beyond the MFS logo screen/fails to reach the menu.

I was able to play the sim twice since the 40th anniversary update, but as of this morning the simulator will not load at all.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Forums keep crashing when I try to upload the image.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. Launch the simulator
  2. Watch logos
  3. Observe the simulator get stuck on the MSF logo screen

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

• RTX3070 ROG OC
• 32GB DDR4-2666 Vengence
• Samsung SSDs. MSFS installed on its own dedicated NVMe drive

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

edit: I tried reading content on Zendesk to see if any solutions were present, but I am photosensitive, and the lack of a dark mode means I can’t look at the support website for more than about five minutes.

yes

I’m having same issue if I try to play flight sim on xbox series x, pc and xcloud

2 Likes

Yes

It worked fine after update install on 11/11/22 for hours. Tried to load up FS on 11/12/22, but crashes to desktop halfway through the intitial loading process. I did all of the necessary troubleshooting steps like removing everything from the community folder and scanning disk on PC. Nothing changed the outcome.

1 Like

Yes

After launching the app the loading continues past the update screen and it stops and exits back to the desktop.

RTX4090, i9-13900ks, 32gb ddr5-6000 and Nvme ssd’s

1 Like

Very similar

Sim starts but flash screens showing the new features (airports, missions, etc) do not appear. When the UI screen does appear the Marketplace is greyed out and says unavailable. I am also showing I am disconnected from servers. Profile-Content Manager Hangs. When I exit the sim it hangs and won’t close.

1 Like

Just discovered the the “Online Functionality” in General Options-Data was turned off. Problem solved.

Yes

After the update (1,1 GB) the Sim crash to deskop while “starting game” was shown without any notice

1 Like

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

Since updating to the latest 40th anniversary update the sim no longer loads. First time playing worked ok, second and subsequent times when on the first loading screen to open the game the blue bar at the bottom gets to around 80% complete, then everything stops. CPU, GPU, at 0%, memory fixed at 2,701.5MB. No further progress after leaving for an hour. Restarted and still same issue. Tried safe mode same issue. Unable to open the game

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Opening the game in safe mode or normal mode. Ever time this issue occurs.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

not relevant

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

40th anniversary update

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

1 Like

Yes. After updating the game from the store, launched it, it downloaded 21GB of data updates, then it tried to continue to load, freezing.

After an End Task and reboot, the game tried to load in safe mode, again froze about 50-60% of the loading bar, after a further reboot the game now refuses to launch altogether. No Application errors in the event log or other indications of what the problem may be, the game refuses to launch from the icon OR from within the Xbox app.

1 Like

Yes Program opens to checking for updates in installation manager. Thats it just sits there hour after hour

The update worked off the store yesterday so the 40th splash screen appears before the developer credit then checking for updates. Nothing apart from the MS Store part of the update downloaded.

Unusual, I tried again after unplugging my logitech yoke, rudder pedals, and Oculus quest 2 headset and the game loaded, however it now only loads in offline mode despite having a normal internet connection. Tried restarting the PC but it will not go online. I get through to the menu and can load a flight in but not online.

Same problem on Xbox Series X. After updating the game and playing it a bit, I relaunched it and now it gets stuck on Checking for updates. If I press the X button on the controller the game starts loading but it takes ages, more than 15 minutes.

I have experienced a similar issue. The sim worked a few times and then stopped. I see the first smaller load screed then a blank black window. I have followed a similar procedure of removing everything from the community folder. Makes no difference.

I had this problem too closed the community folder .then it started to work again but the market place is greyes out and wont work + the ground cover is gone no more real life ground cover. just computerised ground cover , what is happening

Same screen I get; however, I don’t even get the loading bar.

Well, rebooted my PC today and suddenly it works. However all of my flight control settings were lost so I guess I’m going to have fun setting up about five profiles for the honey comb bravo again :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure why the restart fixed things today, when it didn’t fix things yesterday.

Try this:

Would you mind TLDRing me?

I have photosensitivity, so looking at that website with its colour scheme is quite literally painful.

I also guess that the server connections here involved.

Since day one I never seen e.g. the connection lost message, and since the 40th-update I get may be 5 connection lost and 10-20 seconds later a reconnect. May be that have also an impact that users can not login and app crash.

I know, a guess, but it might also explain the “restart help today, but not yesterday”

EDIT:

@Nyx1819

faq is about checking xbox server issues ( Xbox Support ) , the usually “xbox login, logout” and the gaming-services reinstall. Because you own steam, gaming-services are not relevant ( I have it not installed at all ).

PS.: and simple the xbox status page will currently not open :rofl: