SimConnect support for Xbox editions

alot of games, mostly racing sims can connect to a 3rd party app, F1, Forza, and loads of others. its just the willingness of mircosoft to let it happen. if Turn 10 and the god awflul codemaster can do it, I am sure Asbro and MS can

1 Like

It also annoys me that there is still no possibility to display the position of the aircraft in VFR apps on the smartphone.
The interfaces to connect to the MSFS over the local network are already built into the apps (VFRnav (Android)), just not yet in Flight Simulator.
Racing games like F1 for Xbox have a UDP interface already built in and you can display your speed, gear, map etc. in apps. Display.

I hope Microsoft/Asobo can build in this feature so you can always see where you are on a VFR map on your phone, where the control zone, mandatory reporting points are exactly and everything else.

So makes you simply can not navigate sensibly and you are extremely limited in this matter. That just takes away my desire.

9 Likes

I was thinking about this for a long time now.

Is it possible to display current coordinates on the HUD while streaming? With this information a script could hook into the stream and read out the position, altitude etc. and process it into a SimConnect compatible format. At least this is something we could develop on the consumer side.

2 Likes

this is a good idea!

i would actually love to use other addons.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Can we “upvote” this topic, now? I see a lot of additional posts since my original post from last year…

How can this be prioritized?

Please, Asobo… Think of us “real simmers” on cheaper platforms…

#xbox #simconnect

1 Like

Totally untrue. I, for one, use MSFS for preparation for my real-life courses to come - so that I do not have to pay the instructor too many hours.

Please do not generalize.

I need simconnect, we need simconnect.

Thanks!

#simconnect #xbox

PS : I also have a NaviGraph active subscription. :wink:

4 Likes

This is true, what I am missing most on MSFS on XBox ist VatSim / IVAO. I can use my whole Honeycomb and thrustmaster equipment and enjoy great graphics.

SimConnect oder FSWide support would save me about 1500 bugs to upgrade my pc, just for VatSim and Flight Tracking.

I am also missing the Navigraph moving maps on my iPad,. MSFS was the main reason to get my Series X .

2 Likes

+1000 on adding simconnect support. I am itching to add more immersion and side-functionality to my sim experience which has been great so far (xbox)

5 Likes

Not a single word in the last meetings with Martial, Sebastian or Jorg on this matter. :frowning:

I was expecting some good news on the Xbox front. Instead, they are putting more and more add-ons and stuff for PC users and even talk VR stuff.

Two priorities for Xbox remain :
1 - SimConnect
2 - Any ability to import .flt (flight plans) from anything (OneDrive, USB stick, etc.).

Not a single word. :cry:

6 Likes

yea, i have very little hope for this, i really really want it, but you know how this stuff goes over there at microsoft/asobo, bottom line is all they care about, i have a very very strong feeling that 90 percent of the devs, dont even like sim flying.

Weird Microsoft policy. They would sell a lot more consoles, games en addons. SIM Connect is very important to Flight Simulator. Asobo and Microsoft wake up finally!!!

1 Like

Could you please point us towards Asobo’s statement about not porting SimConnect to Xbox please?

Never heard or saw anything about that and I’m in every DevUpdate chat… since the PC beta announcements.

Thanks!

Go find the June 2021 Q&A on YouTube. That’s what I was referring to in this post you quoted.

Hi,

First let me thank you for the response!!

I have rewatched the two (17th and 30th) June Q&As.

In the 17th, they tell us to watch next one…

In the 30th, at 33:40ish, they mention that ALL is the same.

So I’d like more precision on the communication once more.

Thanks in advance!

The post of mine you quoted was 2 years ago. It was said somewhere. I don’t remember whete exactly or which q&a if that wasn’t the one. But it was said. No simconnect on Xbox.

The latest version of the SF50 has now navigraph support and transmitts it’s position via a builtin simlink.

I assume, the data is sent to the Internet.
MS could provide a small windows program that receives the telemetry data and delivers them to pc programs.

8 Likes

definitely nothing stopping this from happening now. Let’s see what happens. I think any old quotes or news posts no longer apply thanks to WASM support.

2 Likes

H-Jet made Navigraph chart for the first time…
SF50 made simlink

So MS we’ve already seen that its possible… and we demand it.

Bring these features to Xbox please!

2 Likes

Let’s agree that SimConnect is never going to work on Xbox. BUT …
Both Forza Motorsport 7 & Forza Horizon 4&5 are able to stream telemetry to remote IP via UDP from Xbox. Why can’t we have similar functionality in MSFS? I would like to hear a genuine argument why not. If other developers are able, why not MSFS? Do we need a poll? Do we need to vote? How can we move forward?

1 Like