Simple traffic

Aerosoft are bringing out simple traffic… Aerosoft Simple Traffic has just two jobs:

1. To show correct liveries and correct traffic routes between suitable airports. So instead of seeing a row of imaginary airlines at Frankfurt International you see Lufthansa aircraft. And KLM aircraft at Schiphol, Delta at Atlanta, Air France in Paris, and United at O’Hare. You get the idea.
  2. Optimizes the framerate by using only the lowest polygon versions of the default MSFS AI models. Too detailed models for AI traffic, in our opinion, make it hard for complex scenery and super accurate aircraft to get enough resources…coming soon.
3 Likes

saw the promo video yesterday and was excited.
Then saw the proce tag (12,5 $ + Tax) and got very excited.

Only hope it is coming out soon :slight_smile:

It’s the same addon as this one. Aerosoft came onboard as well later

I don’t tend to fly into or out of airports where there would be any airline traffic. Wish somebody would do a good GA traffic addon like the ones that existed for FS9/FSX.

1 Like

HEre’s their marketing video on it:

I asked on aerosoft forum and for now only airliners in major airports.
I’ll wait for something more comprehensive as I’m not really interested in large airliner hubs.

It’s ALIVE! Showed up on the preview forum (with a price of 15 euro)
Simple Traffic preview - Product Previews - AEROSOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES

4 Likes

this looks promising! I don’t care how simple it is - if it gets rid of the default liveries, in a simple way, I am happy.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Wasn’t this cancelled?

and now it’s back. Thank’s to SU6

3 Likes

Progress is looking good
https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/167443-simple-traffic-preview/&do=findComment&comment=1059521

Well I am just glad at least one company is able to give us something with liveries because I think its clear that this is just not a priority for Asobo/MS, no money in it. I certainly dont buy into the licensing excuse they keep using/ Aerosoft are seemingly not running into the same issue and nor have other smaller companies who made similar products for XP11.

You SHOULD buy into it. They have to have everything endorsed and official. Others don’t. It’s the same reason some third-parties will release unlicensed products and Asobo/MS always has the manufacturers’ blessing to put their aircraft into the sim as default.

Yeah that’s the official position but historically nobody including MS have done this with previous iterations of a simulator because its pretty much impossible (too time consuming for one) to get any such agreement with all the big airlines that exist in the world. Its a pipe dream and it would have been better to just produce foundation models then let the community create the freeware liveries over time. MS approach is really going nowhere.

Will this work for model matching with vatsim?

No, according to the Aerosoft forums unfortunately not.

1 Like

Bummer, thanks for the reply. Then It will be no use for me. It would have been nice to have something official in one package instead of the Megapacks.

Updated Thread here: