SIMSTRUMENTATION - Free Air Manager Instruments for MSFS

NEW RELEASE:

Garmin GTC 570 touch panel!

Compatibility has been included for both the AAU I (currently beta) Cessna Citation Longitude and the FlightFX HJet. Airframe and unit position number must be selected in the user properties for the appropriate airframe and position in the cockpit. Three units are supported for the Longitude, two for the HJet.

A framework has been put in place so that as the G5000 finds its way into more aircraft, if the devs of those planes choose to use custom events on the GTC, I’ll be able to quickly add these planes to the GTC for compatibility.

NOTE: This instrument will currently only work with the Longitude from AAU I Beta. It won’t work on the “old” public branch version of the Longitude.

Right click this link and select “Save link as” to download.

preview

4 Likes

Veeeeery nice setup!

Closing previously popped-out panels to save FPS before going into VR for take off , flight and landing:

Apologies if this is not the correct place for my question, but since the “re-organisation” of the site I have no idea where the right place is - Mods please feel free to move as you think fit.

Although I like to do my actual flying in VR most of the time, I pop out the G1000/GNS530 panels, so that I can set up the flight on the ground (flight plan + AutoPilot) before taxiing/flying/landing.

Before I switch to VR mode I want to close the popped-out panels to try and save FPS loss, but cannot find a reliable way of doing so.

I am almost certainly missing the blindingly obvious, but would be grateful if anyone could point out what the missing blindingly obvious is!

Thanks in advance to all, Alasdair (aka Flybasher
)

Now got the answer, so please ignore my post above!
Seems to be Alt + F4
I thought I had tried this before but found it did not always work - however now it consistently does what I want!
Regards, A

1 Like

HI! Is it works on Air Manager android tablet? If yes, how I install it? Thanks.

You can’t install custom instruments on tablet versions of Air Manager.

Ok! I have to buy desktop version right?

Yes you need the desktop version. You can do custom ones on tablet but there are these limitations. If instruments are submitted to the community store and accepted then you would be able to use them on Android tablet which will take a bit of time and eventually also on iOS which will take even longer due to it needing an App update to include new instruments.

Do yourself a favour and get the desktop it’s so much more capable and has non of these restrictions.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! :slightly_smiling_face:

Any CJ4 updates due yet?

The updated instruments for the new AAU I CJ4 are on our github at www.simstrumentation.com. Installing them will overwrite the ones from the AM Community Store. We’ll be submitting our updated instruments to the store once AAU I launches/

2 Likes

Excellent :slight_smile:

Can you remind me if AM shows updates are available or does it just update itself etc?

It will download any new updates automatically so nice and easy for the user. The only downside is you don’t know when it happens so in the worst case the new update is not to your liking it may take you a little time to realise somethings changed.

1 Like

I really dont even know how to share it:)
Will look into that

brilliant ttnankls!

INSTRUMENT UPDATE:

Gamin GMC 710 Autopilot module

V1.2 - Released 2023-01-06
AAU I COMPATIBILITY with TBM 930
- Bank mode now operational
- SPD mode now operational
- added option to use dual encoder on Knobster for ALT knob via user property
- added option to use Knobster for thumbwheel
- fixed annunciator lights for SPD and Bank
- XFR button / mode now active
- updated some sound events
- graphics update for backplate and thumbwheel

NOTE:

This instrument will work in various aircraft such at the TBM, King Air, Longitude, or SWS Daher Kodiak, but ultimately designed for the TBM 930. Most functionality will work in most MSFS aircraft. 100% compatibility / functionality with other aircraft is not guaranteed.

Right click this link and select “Save link as” to download.

1 Like

Air Manager is a fascinating and useful tool, and your work is very inspiring. I have managed the odd see-through background photo for which I have popped out and superimposed MSFS instruments. But I am not up to speed by a long chalk with LUA scripting, and I wonder whether you or one of your fellow experts has the switch panel of the Guimbal Cabri G2 in their sights as a future project?

None of us are flying any of the helicopters, so this isn’t on our radar atm. But it could happen at some point in the future. I’m definitely not saying no. But I also won’t tell you to get your hopes up either.

In somewhat related news, I know someone over on the Sim Innovations forum is working on an EPM for the G2 and he intends on submitting it to the AM Community Store once complete.

You’ll have to be a little patient with helicopter instruments as this is pretty new in MSFS. It’s going to take some time for folks to start getting instruments out the door for it.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response. The graphic you included does pop out from the Asobo G2, and I have used that as part of a separate panel. Oddly, it won’t pop, though, in the HCG mod of the G2, which is unfortunate because the G750 in his mod will, so one sort of gets half the story on the monitor screen used for the instrument panel. But such is life

It just so happens that I did a Cabri panel when it came out to help me get to grips with flying it. I didn’t bother with the EPM popout I just made my own AM instrument. The switch panel was one of the most useful parts. I’ve also just uploaded a short video showing it in action.

4 Likes