Simulator does not start anymore, update impossible, reinstallation impossible

Hi
I’m on Steam, I bought a great video card to have beautiful landscapes, and then disaster no more MSFS, is 2020 bad luck?
I uninstalled and re-installed, then uninstalled and spent a day in the registry cleaning everything and re-installed everything, read lots of pages, tried multiple things and I’m pretty desperate, I’m going to re-install FSX meanwhile - cry. My only luck is that it takes me 16 hours of download time to install it, a lot less time than some of you.
I still have FS 3 on a floppy disk and I know it works fine.

if you would describe your issues, what happens, the errors logged in windows event viewer, some system infos, etc… then may be you can get some hints from community.

We feel with you if you now rollback to FSX as desperate alternative, but with this info we can not give any helpfull hints.

So, I have this error :
Nom de l’application défaillante FlightSimulator.exe, version : 1.19.9.0, horodatage : 0x00000000
Nom du module défaillant : FlightSimulator.exe, version : 1.19.9.0, horodatage : 0x00000000
Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
Décalage d’erreur : 0x0000000001a0b677
ID du processus défaillant : 0xefc
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d7afbd30326ca5
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
ID de rapport : 0c479b29-3e61-4424-8034-402b1f7d2186
Nom complet du package défaillant :
ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :

Details :
- System

|||- Provider

[ Name] Application Error

|||- EventID 1000

[ Qualifiers] 0

Version 0

Level 2

Task 100

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

|||- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2021-09-22T14:26:57.4681301Z

EventRecordID 37622

Correlation

|||- Execution

[ ProcessID] 0

[ ThreadID] 0

Channel Application

Computer Charly-Marc

Security

- EventData

FlightSimulator.exe

FlightSimulator.exe

c0000005

0000000001a0b677

efc

01d7afbd30326ca5

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe

0c479b29-3e61-4424-8034-402b1f7d2186

May help you to resolve this world problem ? I am French…

The launch of the application always goes well, I have the videos from the beginning, then the screen that allows to choose an option and I start in normal mode (the other mode is worse), then there is the updates screen, but I am up to date, then the game loads, there is a lot of ethernet activity, which I tried to trace but as the computer crashes I cannot save the trace. When it crashes I look like it’s 90% loaded, and everything stops, the mouse, the keyboard, except the music continuing. I unplugged everything, started in windowed mode, with the task manager in the foreground, I tried everything, nothing worked …
Any idea ?

its unfortunately the common error which can have many reasons…

Crashs while these start-up phase are often reported because login issues, may be try a xbox relogin and dont forget windows restart. Sometime also Anti-Virus solutions blocking some things.

Also ensure that you not have tools running like wireshark. I remember old topic where exactly this caused its issue.

On other side may be also that you crash while come into the menu. May be try to limit your FPS , eg. in nividia control center, just for a test case.

If that also not helps, some older issues was caused by invalid settings ( or similar problems ). Then may be try to start Offline. If Offline works, it again points to an account stuff.

Other stuff are the usually settings like pagefile, sound-driver and tools, close parallel running applications, also check whether you have Capture One installed, remove the rolling-cache file, etc… and of course I assume you tried without any installed mods.

Listen to this one… I updated with 7 it took me 14 hours after in was finished everything seemed ok… I tried to shut down the computer for a restart and nothing… I could not get into the store nothing would work, I restarted the computer by holding down the power start switch… It started fine I got into the store and it showed that I had no account… I started the sim all ok when I stopped playing I went to desktop and thought I would check on the store again… I did and everything was fine… I give up nothing comes easy with this sim…

Dear all,
I had the same problem, where I was not able to launch the MSFS 2020 from my desktop.
Solution:

1. Go to the Microsoft Store
  2. Search for the Flight Simulator
  3. Select the version you purchased or just select any version
  4. The next page will ask you to buy from ‘Xbox App’, in blue
  5. Select the option to buy
  6. It will open the Xbox App
  7. Under the Flight Simulator picture, click the large green button, based on what you already own
  8. Simply download to the folder you select on your computer. It tales less than 3 minutes to load and replace the launch button in the Task bar. Pin it to the task bar.

Thank you, Cmarq24.

I just ran into this problem a year later, and your powershell commands have my reinstall finally working.

wowsville!

1 Like

Same here. So I reinstalled (250+ GB) and only two weeks later I ran into the same problem. There must be a back fix it-.