Simulator doesn't start anymore at all

Alpha tester here. My sim still works fine without a hitch (located in Germany, server West Europe)

1 Like

FML. forced server change from WestUS to UK via NordVPN, launches just fine. Server issue :frowning:

I’m in the UK and not using a VPN, so don’t think that’s the issue. At least for me.

entirely possible it’s coincidence. Trying once isn’t proof, let me try again :slight_smile:

cooincidence :smiley: now not connected, starts fine again. Guess they made the hamsters run again

1 Like

Haha! Life’s too short - I’d rather spend a couple hours flying in another sim, or doing something IRL than trying to get an application working :slight_smile:

1 Like

and did you update your XBOX gaming serive or have automatic updates on in MS Store?
Because this was causing the issue for me.
After rolling back from this, it works again…

1 Like

This is why I am happy I have a Steam version. I don’t ever encounter this mess. Sorry you guys are dealing with this.

That’s a good attitude. Enjoy the other sim or some other pleasure IRL. Look forward to seeing you again in 6 months.

2 Likes

Same here !
I remember I saw the XBOX gaming updating !!!
How do you rollback please ?

Same problem here. Gaming services updated this morning, yesterday all was fine

i had to rollback windows with restore.
Fortunately it is setting a new restoring point with every windows update and I had one just 2 days ago.
So I did that, then istnatly deactivated automatic update in MS Store and manally canceld XBOX Gaming Serivce when it still started to download the update.

1 Like

Yes, it would be a good idea to remove all USB controllers. I recall that this was the advise in another thread about the sim crashing. Charles

Thanks ! At least I can stop troubleshooting…
Uninstalled, reinstalled, reverted gaphics drivers :smiley:

2 Likes

Mine CTD too, is there a solution without a rollback of windows?

Submitted to Zendesk. No way I’m rolling back my Windows for MFS, I use this PC for smart working too and I’m a sysadmin, can’t mess too much with the SO just for the simulator. It’s a server or Gaming Services issue, yesterday all was fine

5 Likes

Yeah, agreed - no sim is worth that hassle lol.

1 Like

Steb by step tutorial.

1 Open system restore and restore system to date BEFORE 03.11.2020 e.g. to date 02.11.2020 but not BEFORE path 5 and hotfix

// how to
// in search box copy and paste → create a restore point
// and click top ressults
// in new window click system restore button
// tick “show more restore points” and click next button
// select date BEFORE 03.11.2020 e.g. (example) 02.11.2020 but not BEFORE path 5 and hotfix
// click next
// click finish button

Now you must be faster than Usain Bolt

2 After your computer reboots open microsoft store and click the three dots (upper right) and then select settings.
3 Turn off automatic app update (disable the toggle under “update apps automatically”)
4 Close ms store.
5 Run MSFS 2020 and wait for ms store window.
6 If You’re prompted - “gaming service update” - apply gaming service update and close ms store.
7 Run MSFS 2020.

Do not - I repeat DO NOT update xbox app.

1 Like

Also submitted to Zendesk. Not rolling back.

4 Likes

I was getting the same dll error this morning. I just noticed that there was an updated Nvidia driver available, so I installed it and the game is starting up just fine again. Version 457.09