SimWorks Studios and PILOT'S Dash 7!

From today’s SWS Update on Discord:
"Next, our full attention is focused on the Dash 7 in cooperation with PILOT’S GesmbH. The exterior model is undergoing decal placement, so we are placing rivets, panel lines and de-ice boots. After that, the aircraft will be ready to receive its last coating of dirt and grime over the detail, which will complete the exterior textures. The liveries are awaiting their “use marks” but other than that they are done, and some screenshots can be seen here. The liveries included will be British Antarctic Survey, Air Greenland, Brymon, Berjaya Air, Tyrolean and Continental. The cockpit is undergoing decal placement. Right now, all the flight instruments are marked enough for us to do flight testing. We are working on placing the rest of the labels and correcting some model flaws before falling head-first into the textures.

The flight model of the aircraft is complete, and focus on that front is on engine tuning. Right now, the engine produces the right amount of torque and RPM, so we have work to do with the propellers to get her up to speed.

Lastly, on the coding front, the cockpit is gradually activated. Our engine, hydraulic, oil gauges work, COM/NAV/ADF radios are active, and the basic flight instruments are also functional. The PN622 DME has been programmed, tested and will be integrated into the cockpit any day now. Every day, more and more panels are coming to life."

15 Likes

I’ve got a Tobii Eye Tracker 5. :slight_smile: I’m just a weirdo with one monitor stacked on top of the other (MSFS on the top screen) - haven’t devoted the time to figure out placement for that. I do want to get it running though, because even in the little bit of stuff I’ve done with it (when it first hit MSFS, before the configuration stuff) I could see the potential!

Oh man this is looking fantastic!!! Thank you for sharing those shots.

Can`t wait for this beauty :heart_eyes:

This gets the heart racing!

Not gonna lie, not seeing any Canadian operators included in the default liveries kinda irks me. Almost all of the ones remaining in revenue service fly in their home country.

3 Likes

You do know that people that create liveries exist, right?

I just wish a cargo variant was included. I just may hold off until that happens.

After watching some youtube videos on Dash 7 (did not know much about this airplane except that it existed), and being a huge fan of Dash 8 and DHC in general, now I must say I am excited about this one. If this is coming from SWS, I am sold.

4 Likes

I might have to fly the US great loop with this plane for a real challenge once it comes out

instant buy for me.

5 Likes

Would like to see a video of SWS’s Dash

…but then there’s the ATR :grimacing:

One is a 4 engined STOL aircraft, and one is a regional airliner that really needs another two engines :stuck_out_tongue: not quite the same thing.

1 Like

Yep, you’re right. Maybe I prefer the less fussy lines of a twin ie dash 8 and atr
Will see.

1 Like

not gonna lie, this is fantastic new. cannot wait for the dash 7. it is silly how little runway it needs given its size.

4 Likes

Out here in Hawai’i, Hawaiian Airlines built PHJH / JHM (Kapalua / West Maui) specifically for the DHC-7. 3,000’ runway. 54(?) pax in 3,000’. Not too shabby! “JHM” because John Henry Magoon was the president of Hawaiian Airlines at the time. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So just reading information about this aircraft minimal take off runway requirement is at 2261 ft, this can get really fun at different airports including some ga airports

2 Likes

They were a feature of my childhood into a lot of small airports.

( this isn’t an airport! this is not quite where LCY is, it’s the wrong dock. That was a local airline though )

4 Likes

Whilst at Uni next door to here I always noticed that strip which had what looked like runway markings - I’ve never been able to find any info about it for all these years so seeing this has made my day.

Was it a temporary strip to prove LCY was viable?

1 Like

I remember my flights as a passenger in the Dash 7 (Tyrolean Airways) from Innsbruck to Frankfurt and Vienna. There were no seats given, everyone choosing on his own where he wanted to sit.

With just few people on the plane clustering on the seats in the back it could happen that the stewardess had to decide for a different seating arrangement because of CG position.

I’d love to fly this aircraft in the sim. The STOL capability is epic.

3 Likes