SimWorks Studios announced development of Kodiak 100

Except in game if you move the lever to max it uses more fuel than if you have it sitting right on the high idle marker. So in game it’s acting as a mixture control…

Finally, I think I got it. There is no reason to put the condition lever right on the “High Idle” sign. There are just three spot points the lever should be: cut-off, low idle or full forward (flight idle), is that right?

I just wonder why there are two lines on either side of “high idle” mark (in the image above, at least - I am not in sim right now to check the Kodiak itself). That would tell me it is a stopping point.

Why is there no Co-Pilot visible, although I placed 170 lb payload on the Co Pilot Seat?

Yes, replying to myself. SWS has confirmed the standby instrument causes a performance hit. You can pull the breaker for it (bottom center) for better performance.

8 Likes

What an idea. :smiley:
I like that!

Yes correct.

Thanks. I got it last time too just got confused seeing Ryan keeping it by the placard. Yes, it’s not a mixture setting it’s more like an idle RPM adjuster on internal combustion engines.
Thanks for your answer!
In fact the placard setting is only 60% Ng and High Idle was mentioned to be around 68% Ng - and SWS Kodiak is on 70% Ng fully forward pushed, it’s much closer to 68% than 60%.
I think I also understood why it’s advised to pull the condition lever to low idle on short field landings but it needs more caution. Gets you out of flare more quickly and it can be useful. :slight_smile:

Thanks! :slight_smile:
I appreciate your assistance!

Can anyone answer why the fuel flow is increased with the fuel condition lever fully forward vs sitting in the high idle spot then if it’s the same thing?

1 Like

Because it’s not the same. The placard is misleading, it was that for me too.
Just look at the thread above. :slight_smile:

That’s not what Sling and co are insinuating from my understanding. They are saying there’s no difference from the high idle mark and full forward.

I didn’t say there wasn’t a difference. I said it is used as 3 positions only. Ask any PT6 pilot or read a real POH. Google might even have an explanation for those that are curious about this.

From another thread:

So that explains that actual behaviour in our sim is different from what you would expect.

2 Likes

That’s great info Thanks. Seeing that image makes complete sense now

No visible copilot fix… I was having the same issue Slowhand71, and found that SimWorks covers this question their Kodiak 100 FAQ

=====================

Q: I can’t see the Copilot, despite setting a weight.

A: As of Sim Update 5, this has been a persistent bug. The only way to see the copilot is to set a weight of 100lbs or more before starting your flight or switch back and forth between liveries, using the aircraft selector in dev mode. We are looking into a workaround.

=====================

I’ve tried their second suggestion and it works…

Simply load a flight, then reload the aircraft in DevMode using the “Aircraft Selector” under “Windows”. (Type “Kodiak” the Aircraft Selector search box, and scroll through the results. Your currently loaded livery should be highlighted in yellow.) Double click it (or press the “Load” button) and the Kodiak will reload. Then assign a weight to the copilot entry and the copilot should appear immediately. I sometimes have to do this twice, but it usually works in a few tries.

Also remember that only the Tundra, Mixed, and Cargo versions support VISIBLE copilots and passengers. The Summit and SkyDive versions do not.

1 Like

I was really looking forward to this plane as it looks like a solid package in combination with the WT G1000 NXI. However, I read that future releases of the G1000 NXI might not be supported with the plane. I can’t find the post anymore and I don’t remember if it was here or on Avsim where I saw this, but this would be a deal breaker for me.

So, is this true? It does say on their website that the plane is compatible with the current WT NXI. In that post, that I can’t find anymore, someone said that a future WT update most probably will break it and that SWS will therefore only support the stock G1000 going forward because the pace at which the NXI currently changes would need SWS to update their plane too frequently to remain compatible.

This and also the CTD which a lot of people currently have and the loss of FPS currently are holding me back to buy this beauty. The CTD will probably be fixed in a future update, but the performance and the lack of support for the NXI (if that rumor is true, that is), is quite worring.

1 Like

When will the Kodiak be inside the MSFS Store?

Sorry for my ignorance, but what`s the “lucky 7” meaning? :grinning:

1 Like

CTD doesn’t happen for everyone, I had none so far. However I have MSFS since it was released and I can count all my CTDs on one hand, not even the new NVIDIA drivers caused any issue for me.
CPU seems to be more loaded compared to similar (but more simple modelled) ACs but I’ve not experienced drastic FPS decrease. 5800x can cope with it quite well, weaker CPUs with less core might suffer more.
I’m on beta and NXi works fine with Kodiak. I’ve not heard that it won’t be supported later, the only thing that was mentioned in a review is that NXi is not in final state yet so the dev team cannot guarantee that it will work. It’s fully understandable, until NXi is not released as a final the dev team will take the default g1000 as the base of the cockpit as they cannot guarantee that such “under development” product won’t change in a way sometimes later and that might cause issues with the Kodiak too. If you pay for a product your expectation is that it works and a 3rd party independent component under development can ruin it anytime. So use it only for your responsibility - just as NXi states in it’s disclaimer - and don’t ask anyone to take responsibility for it’s operation.

Hello Guys, i am not able to capture the Loc and GS for an ILS approach… i might be doing something wrong? i am flying in HDG mode and once the glideslope centering i then hit the APR Bottom and the aircraft just dont capture the glideslope. Do i have to turn off first the HDG and then turn on the APR?