SimWorks Studios announced development of Kodiak 100

It will not. They’re holding off on that for now.

1 Like

I really recommend getting on the SWS discord; they have a lot more info there and they are very responsive developers. Ask a question, the top brass get back to you in a few hours.

3 Likes

Perhaps I’m missing something, but for me the Advisory message keeps flashing on the G1000 and I can’t turn it off. Short press, long press nothing works.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong? Or is that a bug?

EDIT: there is one announciation: “Engine Inlet NRM” but that’s always there, regardless of the Inertial Separator setting (Bypass or Normal).

1 Like

I just bought the Kodiak 100 and took it up for the first time last night and ran into the same Advisory message that I could not turn off - Eng Inlet Nrm.

So I have the same question…is this a bug or something I’m doing wrong. Also, the beacon light on top of the Kodiak would not turn on. The nav lights and strobes were working fine, but no beacon light.

Overall, the Kodiak seems great! What a beautiful “feeling of flight” it gives! I can see why so many folks have it ranked right up there with some of their favorite addon aircraft.

One more question…

How do I get the copilot to display? I added weight to the copilot’s seat position (anywhere from 130 to 200 lbs) but no copilot would display. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks! :grinning:

That’s how it is. It will always be on NRM (normal) when the inertial separator is closed. It will change to BP (bypass) when it’s open. It takes about 20-30 secs to transition from fully closed to open.

2 Likes

Add the weights on the map screen not after you spawn.

1 Like

Thanks, good to know. Does “that’s how it is” also apply to the constantly flashing Advisory message?

Perhaps it’s an issue introduced with SU8? The update certainly introduced quite a few new bugs as every update does … For example not being able to leave Mouse look or the hotkey for Toggle Head Tracking only working for a couple of seconds before switching back to the previous setting on its own.

Anyhow … I only purchased the the Kodiak after the update so I don’t know if the Advisory flashed before SU8. It certainly is annoying, because the eyes keep getting drawn to it.

1 Like

That must be a non Nxi G1000 issue because I’m using the Nxi and don’t get the Advisory flashing like that. Give the Nxi a try it’s way better than the stock G1000.

Yeah, probably a new bug introduced with SU8, because I just checked this review and the Advisory message switches to a non-flashing Alert once the Starter ist turned to off, which unfortunately doesn’t work for me:

1 Like

Yep flashing advisory is a new bug on G1000. Essentially all my planes need updates now in one way or another. Some pretty big SU8 issues too it would seem. Tracking a general rudder issue and audio issue in multiplayer atm too. Lots of my planes have new AP issues. Again I would love to test some updates.

1 Like

Forgot to confirm ages ago that indeed it does fix it. Needless to say mine is now set to 108 to match all the other aircraft in the sim. I just hope an updated Kodiak has this sorted so it’s in keeping with the policy used for every other aircraft in the sim and so I don’t have to go into .cfg’s again.

2 Likes

I’ve bought this today, on the Series X. It really is a fantastic product, absolutely miles better than the stock GA aircraft, and even most of the third party ones. Really good value, Imo.

It does seem to cause a fair few CTD’s on the Xbox though. Hopefully this can be looked into and resolved. It’s an astounding plane though, it really is. The attention to detail is stunning.

2 Likes

Silly question but any idea if there is any practical use for those cupholders yet? Is there any mod to place cups in them or anything mentioned by the devs for a future update?

1 Like

Please make a coffee mod lol I even want to see the coffee in a HOT state emitting particles and a COLD state which is what my coffee usually is in :rofl: Even give the coffee cup .001 heat emission for internal temp. Kappa

2 Likes

Call it the hot start mod. ITT is determined by observing how much steam is emitted by your chosen beverage.

It’s borderline criminal to have functional cupholders but no cups to put in them. Criminal!

4 Likes

I noticed that the update for PC appears to have been released on the SWS website. Grabbed the new installer, updated the plane already. Everything seems fine except the G1000 brightness knob is now the switch/CB panel lights, while the knob for the latter no longer does anything.

EDIT: Scratch that. This is an intentional change.

I tried the other day but my diet Dr Pepper hit the bottom edge of the TV and flipped and got all over my pedals and socks. Filing a bug report. It’s too realistic.

4 Likes

I just stuck black electrical tape on my TV to hide it like Volvo owners do over dashboard service lights after 100k miles. Probably easier to find a Kodiak dealer than a Volvo one though.

4 Likes

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

1 Like