SimWorks Studios PC-12 (47 and NG)

They said their goal for the NGX will be to have the Honeywell avionics, but it will be a while. The NG that will be out around summer this year won’t.

The NG model doesn’t come without the Honeywell kit. They are releasing a pre NG model with analog panel.

1 Like

So they are making the NG not the NGX? My mistake, I just knew the first PC-12 they release will not have the Honeywell avionics. So, the 47 will not, but the later NG will.

Yep that’s correct.

Does SWS have any experience bringing complex avionics systems to a sim? Not holding my breath for this one.

1 Like

The 47 will be our second avionics piece after the ESI500. It will be a building block to the NG from a code standpoint.

4 Likes

That’s the positive attitude we’re looking for! Nothing like “forecasting,” eh?

3 Likes

After 2 patches they can’t even fix this problem on the Kodiak 100

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/kodiak-problems-in-ap-with-ils-and-rnav/484195/81

so, no, I’m not optimistic.

I’m guessing you’re not going to buy it - so why post in a thread about it? Seems like a waste of time and emotion to me.

5 Likes

What i do with this is use my binding for “Autopilot Master”. I disactivate AP then activate it quickly once at the start of GS capture, then it won’t drop anymore the next time i turn AP off before landing. Takes a split second using bindings, OFF then ON once quickly, let the “drop” get out of its system… then you’re good to go after that.

Just passing this tip along. No need to reply to me hence i don’t want to contribute in taking this thread “off topic”.

Based on my experience with the Kodiak I shall be lining up for both variants of the PC-12. I am very grateful to the devs for providing a wonderfully good airplane for MSFS at a very low cost. In my opinion the Kodiak and the BN-2 Islander are the best aeroplanes you can fly on Xbox just now and both developers will be getting my custom again as the eye for detail and tech expertise oozes out of both ‘planes and you want to get them up in the sky again. With the Kodiak on Xbox, I now use it with NX by following the tip to uninstall NX, when finished flying, quit MSFS, turn the console off- when you come back turn console on, boot up MSFS, reinstall NX and hey presto, the Kodiak will load and fly with no CTDs ( touch wood it’s worked so far). I’ll fly it without NX if I need to in any case…

1 Like

Quoting our facebook:

Some PC-12 news: we are still picking away at the details of the 3D model, but we can finally show a couple of renders. Keep in mind that the model is undergoing improvement, so this is not close to final by any stretch! Next major breakthrough has been made with regards to the engine simulation, however!

The mighty PT6A-67B is now tuned with the correct torque and fuel flow at all altitudes. Startup times are timed and close to the real thing. But the best is yet to come! Using some new tricks, we have written our own Fuel Control Unit for the engine. This allows us to introduce a custom startup sequence with more accurate fuel flows, fuel pooling & draining in the engine, realistic Manual Override lever operation and more control over the power lever.

Next steps are to connect it to a new, custom throttle and conditioning lever system that will allow realistic beta range implementation. After, a new ITT system will fall on top of it to better simulate the engine behaviour. For now, we are interested in doing a basic ITT simulation, but better than Asobo’s. If time permits we also want to introduce factors such as the effect of wind blowing into the intake (positive) or exhaust (negative) during start-up. When the basis of the framework is solid we will look into hung starts (important) and component wear (cool but not necessary).

20 Likes

I agree with you on this a lot. I REALLY want a model of the PC-12NGX for MSFS 2020. But I am sure that recreating the Honeywell Apex avionics would takes as much, if not more work than modeling the PC-12 itself. But I am willing to wait it out to get this. From everything I seen about Honeywell’s Apex system. Including YouTube lessons online. It is more intuitive than than Garmin avionics are.

It definitely takes a lot more work than the 3D model. The good news is that we are done modelling both!

5 Likes

Am I reading this right? You have finished modeling the 3d model and the avionics? Does that mean that release is closer than everyone expected? Next few months?

We finished the 3D model for both OG and NG. Avionics are some time off. Right now we are working on the OG avionics.

10 Likes

I cannot express how grateful I am that such a developer as SWS are creating my beloved PC-12!

1 Like

Are we finally going to be able to use avionics that’s not a copy/paste G1000 unit? :smiley:

That’s an instant buy for me. Take my stupid money!

That’s the plan.

I really love the PC12, a few airlines operate them in my area, the Caribbean, so I have a few questions:

About the exterior model: there are several wingtip options with the PC12, are you going to model them all or did you just choose one? Another about the wing, I may be wrong, but looking at flight videos of PC12, it seems to be a small wingflex, will this be modeled? Latest outboard model, which propeller option did you choose, 4 or 5 blades?

About the avionics: will we have the choice between GNS 530, PMS 750 and TDS 750NXI? I’m sorry to ask so much, it sounds like a police interrogation but I’m really excited about the project Carenado is also releasing a PC12 and I want to know if I’m buying the Carenado, the SimWork or both.

Thanks you

1 Like