SimWorks Studios PC-12 (47 and NG)

Wingtips: I need to check. We may have modelled them all but Im not sure.
Wingflex: I hadn’t noticed it. Any reference?
Propeller: 4 & 5 bladed
Avionics: Default GNS530 is our primary option. GTN750 can’t be ported to Xbox yet so we need to consider this carefully, as we have had problems with the RV-14 -Xbox and PC versions are separate because of the 750.

2 Likes

That was a quick answer, thank you
About the wingflex, I might be wrong, I just noticed a really tiny flex on the wing upwards in flight, on this video for exemple I've NEVER been here BEFORE! - PC-12 Flight VLOG (ATC AUDIO) - YouTube at 8.29min, it’s ridiculous I know but since you modeled the vibrating horizontal stabilizer on the Kodiak, I was wondering about ….why not?

Why not then?

1 Like

Please consider providing support for the GTN’s. The GNS interface is not as user friendly as the GTN and it makes it even trickier to use in the sim environment.

Not your issue but this whole xbox limitation thing is stopping this sim from being what it could be.

6 Likes

We have considered it and are looking into a way to solve it, at least for PC. The issue is legal/technical: neither PMS (permission) nor TDS (WASM) are available on Xbox right now. On top of that, if we used PMS on our plane, Xbox users would need a way to install the stand-alone version of it so that they can have the payware option if they want. That is currently not possible.

Therefore, we are looking for a way to integrate the 750s into the PC-12 without having the complex maintenance of the RV-14 or blank screens in your cockpits. TLDR, we are trying, not saying no.

2 Likes

Thanks for the background info and please continue to explore the possibilities. I guess if you can’t make it work across all platforms then it’s a case of having radio stack options for the PC (aka C414 & C310) and a single GNS only for the Xbox. I understand this is not as clean for you but I think it’s what users will want. I for one am not nearly as enthusiastic for a GNS only aircraft.

1 Like

I second the plea for the PMS GTN 750, if it’s possible. I hate how many limitations the Xbox causes us PC users. The PC-12 is my most anticipated aircraft, however I will NOT buy anything that’s limited to the GNS 530 anymore. If the panel version of the 750 was better, I’d be ok…but it’s not good.

2 Likes

I am happy to report, problem solved. :smiley:

7 Likes

Will you have the Sounds air livery too??:grin::grin:

I will once again emphasize how grateful I am that my beloved PC-12 is in the trusted hands of SWS😊

2 Likes

That was quick. Thanks for listening and finding a solution. This Is the sort of stuff that in my eyes puts SWS into that great developer bracket.

1 Like

The key is balancing the requirements of both dev & customer. It’s not as sleek as the RV from a UI standpoint but it’s been worked out.

I am looking forward for the PC12. One thing I would like to see properly simulated from the beginning is correct use of reverse thrust. The PC12 largely taxis within BETA range. Otherwise it would just speed up too much. The Kodiak is a bad example of how it should not be done. It even flips over with the slightest reverse thrust applied. I hope the developers of SWS are looking into this.

1 Like

Love to see the progress. I watch the SurfAir PC12’s fly in and out of KSQL all the time and I’m dying to fly one.

Glad to hear you got the GTN750 integration sorted, it would have been a questionable buy if limited to the horrid GNS 530. Planes with that just aren’t flyable for me.

I’m confused though, further up it sounded like you were doing the Honeywell Apex avionics, is that not the case? If so, how does that work then in conjunction with work for the other GPS units? I hope either way it will have Navigraph integration.

Can you share at all around how easy it will be to bind stuff properly either with in-sim settings or something like SPAD.next? It is aggravating how hard/impossible it is to bind stuff properly for the TBM in SPAD (let alone the bug with the throttle not moving).

Lastly, from a business standpoint, I imagine the xbox market is fairly lucrative and potentially much larger. As a diehard PC VR player, I and others get sad when we hear things getting…for lack of better terms…gimped to play nice with xbox. Can you share any context on relative size of the market and what your priorities are there?

If there’s anywhere one can follow along with development or beta test stuff, I’d love to participate.

Re. winglets… Those are variant-specific. The largest winglets aka “biglets” (i.e. Carenado’s PC-12) are found on the oldest variant, the PC-12/41. /45’s have the small vertical winglets. The /47 and on have slightly canted wingtips.

1 Like

Really looking forward to this one! I was going to buy the Carenado but now I’ll wait for yours. Thank you!

I use reverse thrust frequently in the Kodiak, and I don’t experience any problems with it flipping over or tipping back on its tail. Maybe it’s a loading or CG issue? I had one solitary case when I used too much reverse, started rolling backward slightly, and then used brakes (bad idea!) to stop myself. Then I tipped the plane onto its tail.

pc12 has very very little to zero wingflex

Planes will fall on their tail if you use reverse thrust and brakes. A RAF C-130 can attest to that! :smiley:

That said, the lack of proper beta has been a big bummer. Starting with the next update of the Kodiak, all our turboprops will have beta range done properly. No fake spoilers or hacks.

@Haltingpoint our immediate goal is to do the legacy PC-12/47. The NG is too much and the time too short. This is planned for late 2023 as a separate product, as the avionics work is too much.

Regarding Xbox, we dont dumb down our planes for it. The issue with the 750 is a technical (TFS)/legal (PMS) limitation that prevent us from getting them into Xbox. Other than that, the planes will be identical for PC and Xbox, as all our planes have been.

14 Likes

A RFDS interior, a cargo interior and passenger interior would be pretty cool !! (Although, understand if that would be too much work)… any idea what month your aiming for release?

1 Like