SimWorks Studios PC-12 (47 and NG)

Did you press the ‘‘test’’ knob on the autopilot first, i think this is mandantory to operate the autopilot.

1 Like

If you are switching between GPS and VLOC on the 750 itself that won’t work. You have to use the dedicated NAV source button on the HSI control panel.

2 Likes

Tnankyou, totally forgot this

No, I didn’t. Shal ltry it, Thanks forresponding

Not sure why there’s angst about being able to hot swap navigation equipment. The usefulness of that is being able to change it before a given flight once in the sim, and therefore not needing to have separate aircraft for different avionics options nor having to reinstall the aircraft. If someone wants to use that to switch avionics mid flight good for them. Although I don’t know why anyone would want to do that, it doesn’t cause me any harm. Anyway, hopefully there will soon be an option one way or another to change avionics without reinstalling.

That aside, I finally bought the aircraft. I was holding off because of the reports of challenges in both takeoff and landing but after a few flights I’ve found that flying by the numbers and following correct procedures (particularly leaving YD on until just before landing) makes this aircraft fly quite nicely.

Overall I’m quite happy with it and glad to have added it to my fleet.

3 Likes

I don’t want to sidejack this thread any more than I already have, but…

The ‘angst’ has nothing to do with limiting options. It’s my cognitive dissonance when I see the cries for “More Realism!” alongside cries for “Less Realism!”

And that’s all I’ll say about that.

1 Like

One issue I’ve run into is that ATC keeps calling me “Rocky OHDEN” instead of the registration/callsign I enter.

It’s not an issue when I use an airline callsign.

Can anyone tell me why the aircraft will only load the TDS GTN750 and not the PMS GTN750 when reinstalling the aircraft. Somewhat annoying.

For the PMS GTN750 you must have this file ‘z-sws-aircraft-pc12-pmsgtn’ in the community folder.

You don’t need any additional packages in the community folder other than the main aircraft. To get the different avionics configurations you just need to install the optional additional files that make that happen. These are installed within the main SWS pc12 package.

1 Like

Since January 22 talking about this wonderful plane.
When do you think it will be fully available on the Marketplace although, logically, always subject to possible future improvements?

Should be available on MP at the end of February.

I don’t know how much time Pilatus Aircraft spent designing the PC12, but it certainly wasn’t much longer. :joy:

4 Likes

Can you tell me where these additional optional files are please.

This is part of the installation routine.
During installation you have to choose which navigation device you want to use.
During the installation, the file I mentioned will be installed in the community folder.

You can do it during install or use the option files available on the SWS website to change the avionics post install if you don’t want to have to go through the whole install again.

Thanks for the reply. Got is sorted.

1 Like

Went to the site and downloaded the panel mod file for future reference

1 Like

Hate to be that guy, but is there any update on the NG version?

2 Likes

Not at the moment…according to the discord