SimWorks Studios PC-12 (47 and NG)

We will try to find a gpod spot to remove their presence, if that is so in demand.

11 Likes

Thank you for listening :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

fantastic news! big props to devs that listen to their customers (even if those customers see things in different ways from each other :sweat_smile:)

any way to change PFD brightness? it’s glaring in the early hours

1 Like

flight systems question: i know the ailerons and rudders are mechanically linked, however are the ailerons supposed to enter FULL deflection when depressing the opposite rudder? that’s what i’m seeing and just seemed like an extreme reaction so wasn’t sure

and what to do to get PUSHER light off? i ran the test on the upper panel but it didn’t seem to do anything. thanks for help

There are brightness knobs down by the nav source selector and course/heading panel.

2 Likes

Can you clarify this? If you push left rudder the left aileron should go up. Is that what you’re seeing, or the opposite? They’re interconnected so the fact that they both move together is correct. But they shouldn’t be opposite to each other.

thanks i found it

sorry for being unclear. the question i have is are the ailerons supposed to be 100% deflected when pressing the rudder? i thought they were just supposed to move a little bit to counter the rudder’s rotational forces. i was surprised to see they are fully deflected when pressing the rudder.

That I’m not sure. Maybe @SiRRiPPERORiG can answer this :slight_smile:

When at low speeds they are supposed to deflect fully. As speed picks up, the dynamic pressure reduces the effect of the ARI. At around 80kts the effect is small, above 180 it’s hardly there.

For the Pusher light you have to perform the pusher test on the ground. A step-by-step process for it is described in the manual.

2 Likes

great to know, thanks. its really interesting about the range of deflection based on the pressure. that makes much more sense to me than being fully deflected all the time. what a cool plane

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more. I mean, how often do we see posts demanding “MORE REALISM!” And now we demand a completely unrealistic way to swap electronics mid-flight?

Yeah, I have a couple of planes that have hot-swappable avionics. I’ve just never thought to actually use that feature - because it’s so unrealistic.

1 Like

Also in agreement with this. Whatever will be next hot swap the engine type mid flight. As already said it’s unnecessary.

3 Likes

I agree with that.
Well, we expect a realistic simulation and at the same time want to enjoy the beautiful outside view during the flight. I don’t think any pilot gets this chance (although it’s nice to see).

what do you mean by this? i enjoy the beautiful view outside the cockpit every time i fly

Purchased due to the Kodiak being a super fun plane to fly, and installed the PMS version.

I’ve got a raft of bugs which I don’t think anyone else has brought up:
With the 5 bladed commuter model, stock livery and following the ingame checklist:

• batt 2 switch will not animate
  • gen 2 switch will not animate but does actually provide power to systems
  • gen 1 switch will move from active to reset and back again very quickly, cannot be locked in reset
  • flap lever does not animate but the flaps do work
  • essential bus warning light stays on despite switch being clicked
  • in the before taxi checklist, pusher test-pilot and first officer sub element has “GAME.POWER_LEVEL_IDLE” instead of the actual item
  • Clicking the eyeball on some elements pans to the appropriate switch, sometimes it doesn’t.

What’s going on here?

sounds like you have an install issue or mod conflict. don’t have any of those problems on mine. try cleaning community folder and doing a sim re-load

Are you using custom actions to move all these items? I have them just bound in game to my honey comb stuff and they work fine.

Nope, this is all when I try to mouse click the knobs, aside from the flaps which are bound to my hotas-- but that doesn’t matter either because if I try to click on the flap handle nothing happens either.

I am having an issue with the PC12. The autopilot will not operate and the gps keeps switching back to VLOC after a couple of seconds in GPS mode.
Makes no difference if it is the TDS or the PMS units.
Any advice appreciated