SimWorks Studios PC-12 (47 and NG)

Selectable passengers are great, headrest method wasn’t, as using head tracking often lead to being behind the click spot so when trying to operate an instrument panel switch, the inside of a pilot head would appear instead.

Have you tried changing copilot weight, etc. This is often used in other models.

yeah that makes sense and it seems they did indeed move the click spot out of the way for you head-tracking folks (to the bottom of the chair now), but then they also removed the hide-passenger feature for some reason.

i saw in a few posts back that you can modify some code to remove them, so i’ll try that out for now (until the feature is added back :wink: )

Then you gotta define a bit of a deadzone on your head tracker, to prevent involuntary drifting. I’m using TrackIR for almost 14 year now, and I never had any issues with drifting into headrests.

You gotta define the deadzone like an antlion’s den or a funnel. That way your head stays centered in postion most of the time, but you can still freely move around in the cockpit with larger movements. And of course having the Recenter function bound on a stick or yoke button and pressing it regularly helps too.

It looks like this for me and works perfectly:

X and Y axis:

And a bit wider and more shallow for the Z axis, to prevent drifting up and down:

1 Like

It’s not drifting, it’s me relaxing and moving back in my chair and sometimes even wanting to view further back. It was just a bad place to have a clickspot.

2 Likes

You might download Man’s best friend. Corgis and Jack Russel Terriers don’t block your view and don’t look creepy. :grinning:

4 Likes

I agree.

Passenger avatars should be optional meaning there should be an option to show them or hide them.

3 Likes

does the PC-12 use asobo’s character sytem?

Just remove their weight.

I don’t understand this solution. removing passenger weight totally changes the flight characteristics of the plane and could actually cause crashes because of incorrectly calculated speeds

2 Likes

I am not sure.

Not sure it’s that simple tbh. Doesn’t the lower weight (i.e. without passengers) have an effect on the aircraft performance, handling and fuel economy?

Yes, it does.

I’ve just learnt to accept my zombie payload now and become one with them… :troll:
Well…
Kind of…
I’ve actually fine tuned my ocd (of having the doors open on the ground) by knowing the exact click points from the cockpit entrance to, unlock, open, close and lock the cargo and main door to a perfection and all the while… Not making eye contact with the “infected…” :joy::joy::joy:
But my recent nighttime flight with lighting and forgetting about my payload, I was looking around the cockpit and the lighting flash right as I was looking behind me, lighting up those passengers in a flash… :zombie:
I literally had to check my pulse and then go to the bathroom to change my undies :chart_with_upwards_trend::anatomical_heart:

6 Likes

@Kayembee370 @Fragman444

If you make the weight of the passengers 0 pounds in the weight and balance, they disappear. I did not notice any adverse behavior of the flight model doing so.

1 Like

You can configure remote control of all the doors so you don’t even have to go back there.

flying a full load of PAX vs a completely empty plane should produce large changes in how the plane handles and the speeds of takeoff, approach, and landing.

3 Likes

What I mean is I didn’t find the aircraft to be any more or less squirrelly than it was with a full load. The other option is to fly a cargo version and load it to the gills if you want to have a heavy aircraft.

Others mileage may vary with varied setups and control sticks we all use.

Yes, any changes in weight will have this effect as you correctly say and getting rid of passengers avatars in this way is therefore clearly not ideal.

We really need a ‘show’ and ‘hide’ option for avatars which doesn’t affect AC performance. Without this atm it looks (imo) a bit ‘creepy’ in the cabin and not a great place ‘to be’.

1 Like

There is an easy solution to that, though. Look around in the cabin before boarding the passengers. Then, during the flight, only look at the cockpit and outside, how you are supposed to do during the flight anyway, unless you have a side hussle as service crew. That way you don’t need to look at the passengers. :smile:

2 Likes

Ha … I guess I could try simming in some really classy sun shades too so that the avatars aren’t as apparent. You know, the Top Gun look.

Not sure they would be happy though when on final I landed on what I thought was a runway but turned out to be a busy freeway :rofl: