Simworks Studios Vans RV10

Like their RV-14, I’m guessing based on the limited information here, that SWS contacted PMS50 and contracted to integrate the PMS50 GNS530 into their plane, so the addon didn’t have to be installed separately.

I suggested also installing it, and not the WT530, because the PMS50 GNS530 was MUCH better than the original default GNS530 prior to the development of the WT530, and it is compatible with most if not all third party aircraft.

The WT530 has now become the default 530 for all the default Asobo planes (and supposedly it’s very good, almost 1 for 1 for the default 530), and they ALSO have a version of that GNS that can be used as an addon for 3rd party planes. Unfortunately, the 3rd party vendors have not yet caught up with the technology in the new WT530, so they can’t use it, IOW, it can’t integrate with the Auto Pilots and other systems for whatever reason I don’t know.

So, what I’m suggesting is, if you want the RV-10, I’d uninstall the 3rd party version of the WT530 since there are many vendors who can’t currently use it (Milviz PC-6, Milvis 310, Flysimware 414, etc.) and have their systems work correctly, but they do work with the PMS50 version. In which case, since there are other products out there that have not directly integrated the addon into their aircraft that use the 430/530, install the the PMS50 530, too.

IOW, the 3rd Party WT530 and the PMS50 530 are not compatible with each other, and can’t be installed at the same time.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed response, much appreciated and it makes it much clearer now.

I should have included a link to the mod.

As I understood it, The WT GNS units just replace whatever plane is using a GTN. And that works because they stipulate as part of AA-Update you must uninstall any mods from either WT/PMS that DID NOT COME VIA THE IN SIM MARKETPLACE IN THE CONTENT MANAGER

None of my planes have any issues that I have seen and the WT GNS Units are phenomenal, during the beta and after last PC12 update the plane and the 530 is all you need. The new WT Units are also way better than the PMS units, sorry but it is true. No offence to the modder, but they are better.
Some planes may need updating, but for what these WT units provide its in the dev’s interest to do so, just as PMDG have done with the DC6

I think this has all got over convoluted, Just remove the PMS and WT mods that you got from their websites and that’s it, there is reason I can see and I may be wrong to use the PMS 530/430 units over the ones that come with AA-Update 1.

And yes the G3X sucks

As noted above, the RV-10 is apparently not compatible with the WT products, nor are the Milviz PC-6 and 310, nor is the Flysimware 414. I’m sure there are other products that need updating as well. I think mostly the issues are with the Autopilot.

As I also noted, there are two WT530 units, the default and the 3rd party compatible units.

As you noted, any WT products installed in the Community folder from their Github page must be uninstalled as well.

There are some differences between the WT530 and PMS530. The PMS530 has weather radar functionality, I don’t think the WT unit does. The WT530 I think is a little closer in being a fully functional equivalent of the real unit. But the PMS530 isn’t too far behind. Apparently the PMS unit has some other features that make things easier to do.

1 Like

Just been reading some stuff on the WT discord and there isn’t technically two WT versions of the 530 now. The 1.1.4 version has had the code removed and just redirects to the core version (1.1.2). Doesn’t alter your point, just a semantic point for clarity.

I’ve been using the latest WT530 for a while now in the JF Arrow and the only problem I have is the GPS/VLOC indication flickering, usually sorted with a few presses of the CDI button. I’m quite happy with it, it’s excellent now and I suppose I’m not keen to replace it, so I might still end up giving the Vans a miss for now, which would be a shame. Hopefully things will straighten out in the not too distant future.

1 Like

That’s interesting, Bishop has been writing that you need to keep the secondary versions of the WT3000 and WT530 installed for third party aircraft.

It would be nice if they were more clear about what’s going on. I’m not a big fan of Discord, and I don’t spend a lot of time there (I just don’t like the interface, and a lot of times I can’t get access to chats, not to mention how intrusive it wants to be. (I’m not a fan of apps that want to keep running even though I’m not using them)).

1 Like

Let me try and clear this out.

So the RV-10 comes with a G3X and GNS430 combination, both being default avionics.

MSFS has three official 430s available:

Asobo 430: the original one. This is called in panel.cfg files as AS430 to be drawn on screen.
WT 430 from AAU1: This is called in panel.cfg files as WT430 to be drawn on screen
WT 430 from Marketplace: this uses the prompt AS430 and replace’s Asobo’s 430 with the WT one.

What is the problem? The WT430 uses new logic for the GPS and it doesn’t talk to the G3X autopilot, so it can’t follow a GPS flight plan at all. The NXi and new G3000/5000 have been upgraded with this tech and communicate, but the G3X hasn’t.

So if someone has the Marketplace version of the WT430 installed, he forces WT’s 430 on every plane and this mens that G3X equipped planes will break.

If you uninstall the Marketplace version then:

1. You have both GPS variants available
  2. The WT430 is used by the planes that WT put it in, so you don’t lose the upgraded functionality
  3. 3rd party developers can elect which 430 to use based on their avionics. If they use the G3X they can go with AS430/530. If not they can go with WT430/530.

Also, one might ask why we put in the 430 and not the GTN650. The default G3X doesn’t support NAV radios and nor does the default 650 in the Cabri. The 430 was the only one that fit in the panel, has NAV and can work on PC and Xbox.

We are looking into adding a 650 for PC users, but there are some things that need to be looked into to make sure that nothing breaks on Xbox -or we will have a maintenance nightmare in our hands.

6 Likes

Thanks, that’s very helpful.

So I think you’re saying that the safest thing to do is uninstall the “Marketplace WT530” at this time?

1 Like

Seems ok to me in the MilViz 310

I’m going by what Milviz is saying in the 310 thread… I don’t know what the issues are.

Who knows, maybe I’m wrong. I’m just repeating what the devs are saying. It all is very confusing to me. I’m not knocking the WT stuff, it looks like it’s going to be great when it’s finished.

2 Likes

You are correct. It just fly’s in Circles, I spoke to soon. Apologies

Fine with TDS

I hope the Update comes soon

1 Like

Oregon Aero is just another vendor that makes the seat cushions for RVs. There are several out there.

They have standard size kits, but they are all customized to some degree as no 2 homebuilts are exactly the same. So you take a bunch of measurements of your airplane, give them your height and weight, and they make you seats that fit you.

1 Like

The Flysimware 414 definitely works with the Marketplace WT530 since v 3.4.0.

That’s great!

As I noted,

1. I’m excited that the WT products are default, and that they are so close to real world, perhaps matching to the point of no one can tell the difference. The work is amazing. This is super important to me because the 530 is still my favorite GPS. I hate touchscreen GPS’s. If you’ve every tried monkeying with them when you’re flying single pilot in small planes in turbulent air it’s super frustrating. ("Dam-mit, I meant to hit that other button. Not to mention if I ever buy a plane and need to outfit it, a 530WAAS is a lot cheaper to install.)
  2. Yes, eventually the 3rd party vendors are going to be compatible with the new WT products. They have to or they won’t last.

All I’m saying is there are currently products out there that aren’t (yet) compatible, like the subject of this thread, the RV-10, and, as noted, MilViz products, among others (i.e. the WBSim products). Given I like flying these currently incompatible products, I’m not going to install the WT Marketplace 530 until they are. When everybody is up to speed, I’ll switch over. (Not to mention even MSFS in general isn’t currently 100% compatible, WT is working on changing the nav database and isn’t done yet, hence the incompatibilities.)

SWS addressed the current state and issues above quite succinctly. It sounds like things may be mostly handled by everybody over the next few weeks, hopefully by SU12 at worst. Given I don’t want to wait that long to use the software, this is where I’m at in how I’m setting up my software. The PMS530 is very good and I’m happy with it, so, no loss on my side and win-win when everything settles down.

Edit: Oh, and I should ask, is the 414 compatible when using the Autopilot with the 530 installed? Of course it works if you’re using the GTN750 or other GPS’s, that’s been compatible for quite some time with a patch installed. What’s incompatible are 3rd party aircraft that use the 430/530 and G3X when using the autopilot and some other functions of the GPS.

1 Like

Seems one big elephant in the room here is that WT has not updated the G3X at all and its existing early-stage mod is deprecated. It really is the worst avionics suite in the sim now, which given how common it is is just dumb. I know that WT only has so much resource and budget and AAU1 concentrated on G3000/5000, but if the G3X stagnates for much longer it will be a significant liability for the whole ecosystem, more so than it already is.

Maybe it’s time for a new Working Title-like group to step up and take over WT’s deprecated G3X mod and actually take it somewhere?

Meantime… I clearly need to go buy the RV10.

5 Likes

Exactly! Or somebody else at Asobo if the WT staff are already balls out on everything else they’ve/Microsoft has decided to do.

Step 1 - make it system compatible with the other WT nav products
Step 2 - improve its functionality

1 Like

We should remember that WT started life as an open-source group of people doing mods, and only become ‘official’ later on because their work was so good. There’s nothing stopping another group like that popping up. I might even offer to help myself :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The G1000/GNS530/G3000 is so ■■■■ good now that it makes me much more likely to purchase planes with them versus planes with the G3X. Sorry to SWS, and I know their hands are tied by Vans to put the G3X in this plane, but that’s how I feel. A 750 integration with WT version from PMS50 (or the TDS, I’m sure) are a good substitute too. The RV-14 had GTN750 compatibility so I hope the RV-10 will as well, eventually.

3 Likes