Simworks Studios Vans RV10

7 Likes

Simworks Studios quality and my kind of plane = insta-buy. Can’t wait!

1 Like

I own the Vans RV-14 from SWS and it’s fantastic. This one is going to be just as good EXCEPT for the fact that it uses the G3X touch which is not that great. I was hoping for them to maybe give us some diff avionic options but it’ll do for now…hopefully WT will tackle the G3X soon.

1 Like

SWS is really busy. PC-12 (release pretty soon?), Dash 7 (ready by now?), GA 8 and now this. Is it possible to have so many projects going on?

I am not too keen on the Vans, but if the price will be really €15, why not…

Looks nice, but as I already have the RV-14 I guess this seems too similar, even though it’s cheap and seats 4. The G3X is also my least favorite glass cockpit in MSFS which is the weak point of the RV-14, too. And the RV-14 includes tailwheel version, not sure if the RV-10 can even be built that way. Either way, I have no doubt it will be a quality plane for the price.

1 Like

I have not bought the RV-14 specifically because of the G3X, and I will not buy the RV-10 for the same reason. I think the G3X is really bad, and it’s been made even worse by the WT upgraded GNS 430/530, G1000 NXi, G3000/5000 and Rockwell Collins Pro Line 21. They are all very good now. Really hope WT works their magic on the G3X next. Pretty please :pray:

6 Likes

Regarding the G3X, there is a thread about updating it to NXI standards. Everyone please upvote it! Upgrade Garmin G3X to NXi Standards

3 Likes

I had to do a double take when I saw N829GW, that actual plane is based at my home airport. It is nothing short of immaculate.

Release date is Friday, February 3rd.

The only thing I’m not sure about is those seats which look extremely thin to me. Much thinner than the real thing. I’m hoping they’ll be padded out a bit before release.

1 Like

Maybe they cheaped out on their build? It is a homebuilt after all…

I was sad to learn in today’s livestream from Flying Fabio that the GNS430 in the RV-10 is not compatible with the WT GNS unit and in fact it has to be uninstalled from the marketplace for the default Asobo version to work in the RV-10. Really turns me off of the product at this stage. I’ll be interested when or if the WT avionics support is added.

2 Likes

Thats a shame. Hope that will be fixed/updated. Not really keen on uninstalling something that works really well

2 Likes

And, deleted

Tall pilots regularly use very thin seat padding. I use just 1 inch in my RV8, otherwise I can’t fit with a chute on.

1 Like

Yeah, I was quite looking forward to this but I’m not too sure now. I seem to recall WT saying there were no plans for work on the G3X and now we would have to uninstall the 430. Seems a strange choice seeing as the plane can be equipped however the builder wants.

1 Like

Ah thanks. I couldn’t see an option for seat choice as part of the kit on the Vans site. Just says ‘Oregon Aero’.

1 Like

I dont know how you do it on versions not bought from OrbX, but in the OrbX Client for the RV14/A You do have some options. You cant remove the G3X completely but you can add in PMS/TDS

1 Like

The 430 is part of the GNS430/530 and is not related to the G3X.

What’s not compatible is you can’t have the WT530/430 mod installed AND the PMS GNS530/430 mod installed at the same time.

It’s possible the PMS GNS530/430 is built into the RV-10 so users don’t have to install it separately, and what they’re saying is, you’ll have to uninstall the secondary WT530 mod if you want to use the plane (in which case I’d install the PMS GNS530 mod anyway for other planes anyway).

If you go into your Content Manager and filter for Garmin, you’ll find 2 WT530 mods, one with a gray icon (the default one for default planes), and another icon showing a Garmin interface. That second one with the Garmin interface is for 3rd party planes and it currently causes problems for 3rd party planes that haven’t been designed to use it. It can be uninstalled from the Content Manager, in which case I’d install the PMS530 mod. Of course, you can’t do this on Xbox. But in that case, users on Xbox, it probably doesn’t matter.

Is the RV-10 going to be available on Xbox? If so, that would be why they designed in the PMS530, which is incompatible with the secondary 3rd party WT530 currently being released with the updates. True, hopefully this mess will eventually be resolved. I don’t know exactly what the compatibility issue is, I think it’s related to the nav database and the gauge interaction with it, and WT is redesigning how that works. So the PMS interacts with the default nav database, and WT interacts with another, and there are issues there.

Personally, I’ve uninstalled the 3rd Party WT530 for the time being, until its compatibility issues go away. I’ve been using the PMS530 since it was released, and am very happy with it.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation, but I’m still a bit bemused. I didn’t know there was a PMS530, I thought the mod was just made by WT before being integrated into and replacing the core sim version. So there are 3 versions of one GPS?

Are you saying the PMS version is already installed in the RV-10, because you also seem to imply that it needs installing?

Appreciate you trying to help me wade through this.